Australian man and former Nana nightclub owner acquitted of human trafficking

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Outbackoz said:

Perhaps it may be a matter for Peter DUTTON to consider the good fame and character of the individual concerned pursuant to the Australian Citizenship Act?

You can only lose your citizenship for crimes committed, but unknown, before the grant. Once you become a citizen your criminality is as an Australian.

Of course Dutton has been making up his own rules for Isis terrorists.

10 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Michael Pearl, 47, and four other defendants - three foreigners and two Thais - have now been acquitted of all charges.

Last year, the defendants were each sentenced to between 16 and 19 years in jail for allegedly forcing four Moroccan women into prostitution between 2016 and 2017.

From 16 and 19 years to zero. What has the first court done? I guess the evidences were the same. 

The appeal court took notice of the evidence!

When I saw the headline, Nana nightclub, I thought it was going to be about EQ. Anyone know what happened to that place? It was great. Everyone in there always friendly and in a good mood. Then I last showed up about two years ago, and it was shut. When I asked they just said "police shut down".

40 minutes ago, Outbackoz said:

Perhaps it may be a matter for Peter DUTTON to consider the good fame and character of the individual concerned pursuant to the Australian Citizenship Act?

You can’t strip an Australian citizen of their citizenship based on bad character. You can strip an permanent resident or any other visa holder of their status based on character grounds however. 

Plus he hasn’t been found guilty of anything anyway. 

Still, good try at trying to sound intelligent. 

• Like 1