Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

rooster59

14 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Haha, I think you have opened the door for a few pictures to be posted ... unfortunately, I don't have any ????

555 No, that´s not the topic of this thread. And why don´t you have some of the hotties? ????

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Huh? Are you serious? How about the two year campaign Big Joke waged against foreigners? How about little Ouds continued campaign of hatred and ignorance? How about the administrations unwillingness to tackle public safety, traffic safety, air quality, scamming, corruption, visa policy, etc. I could go on for days. You must be baiting me. You cannot possibly be serious. 

And you forgot the ridiculous amount of taxes on the wine

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Huh? Are you serious? How about the two year campaign Big Joke waged against foreigners? How about little Ouds continued campaign of hatred and ignorance? How about the administrations unwillingness to tackle public safety, traffic safety, air quality, scamming, corruption, visa policy, etc. I could go on for days. You must be baiting me. You cannot possibly be serious. 

I don't remember Big Joke affecting 2 week tourists in any way.

Likewise with Big Oud.

Likewise with visa policy.

Public safety,scamming and corruption are slightly less of a problem than they used to be and they've always been there.

Air quality? Never heard a 2 week tourist complaining about air quality in Pattaya.

None of your gripes go any way to explaining the relatively sudden lack of tourists in Pattaya. Expats maybe but I'd mostly disagree with you even then.

And please don't mention the price of wine, it's not and never has been a consideration for 2 week tourists in Pattaya.

A close friend stays with me 3-4 times a year for 2-3 weeks at a time. He wouldn't recognise any of your "problems".

• Sad 1

Warning signs have been ignored for far too long .......... now the "rot has set in" it's obvious that there's no turning back as the "loss of face" is so important here. It will continue with "immediate first aid" measures until they run out of "short term" quick fixes. Pattaya was a very profitable adult playground for Thailand & had been since the early days of the Vietnam war (1964 era) ................ it just sprung up from nowhere with very little investment. In fact, it was a "golden gift" which was the inherited basis of tourism here ......... everyone knew that Pattaya was the "city of fun". It was lively, exotic & adult entertainment at it's best. Now it's all doom & gloom, full of bored & angry people, both local & foreign ......... the fun is long gone. Most of us now have left or just stay home. Sadly the town now has the Chinese, Indian & Russian tourists who also have started to "dwindle" of late. It will not be long before all the neighboring countries will seriously benefit from Thailand killing the "golden goose". RIP Pattaya ............... I have so many fond memories of what "once was" ............ sad.

Edited by Daveyh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daveyh said:

Warning signs have been ignored for far too long .......... now the "rot has set in" it's obvious that there's no turning back as the "loss of face" is so important here. It will continue with "immediate first aid" measures until they run out of "short term" quick fixes. Pattaya was a very profitable adult playground for Thailand & had been since the early days of the Vietnam war (1964 era) ................ it just sprung up from nowhere with very little investment. In fact, it was a "golden gift" which was the inherited basis of tourism here ......... everyone knew that Pattaya was the "city of fun". It was lively, exotic & adult entertainment at it's best. Now it's all doom & gloom, full of bored & angry people, both local & foreign ......... the fun is long gone. Most of us now have left or just stay home. Sadly the town now has the Chinese, Indian & Russian tourists who also have started to "dwindle" of late. It will not be long before all the neighboring countries will seriously benefit from Thailand killing the "golden goose". RIP Pattaya ............... I have so many fond memories of what "once was" ............ sad.

Oh Boo Hoo - you sound like you are about to slit your wrists. Go to BKK plenty of chicky babes there or go elsewhere. Patts is not he only place on earth. Most are missing the point. Maybe all the bars are going under because the girls are using technology to secure the next hansum man. And men have discovered freelancers, instead of precious overpriced pratts in bars - only an idiot would entertain paying outrageous costs there for the girls and barfines, lady drinks and expensive beer.

• Sad 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:42 AM, ThaiBunny said:

Not quite. If numbers are down by 40% you need to increase prices by 67% to get back to the same revenue - 40% of 100 = 60%. Divide the original 100 by 60% and you get ~ 1.67 

A maths genius!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Good Lord , and I thought I was the oldest on TV at 72.  How about another poll. ' What age bracket is one in innit '

77 isn't old.  I play table tennis four times a week & go to the gym the other three days.  I can't think of a time in my younger days when I was happier.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Don Mega said:
15 hours ago, yogi100 said:

The complications arise when they want to spend more than 30 days in Thailand. Many do especially retirees who want to avoid our harsh winters.

if they are retired why don't they sort out the appropriate visa ?

WHAT? 

put 800K in a THAI bank or buy a useless 12 month insurance for a 4 month winter escape??

seriously?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SteveK said:

There are remarkably few attractive young girls in the village where I live, I suspect many of them have been shipped off somewhere. My wife says some of them have gone to Bahrain, apparently the money they earn there is on a whole different level (like 20k a night if they are attractive). There are some really nice girls in the Tesco Lotus though.

I would be careful with these girls in the Tesco Lotus. Something must be wrong with them. 

• Haha 2

Thailand wanted Pattaya to become a family resort town. As it becomes one, families don't spend money in go-go bars, beer bars, small mom and pop restaurants. Also they don't stay in one area for a long time. So it should come as no surprise that these establishments have less patrons.

Also, the Bank of Thailand restricting outflows of Thai baht will continue the appreciation of Baht against most other currencies, making Thailand very expensive!

On 12/14/2019 at 7:41 AM, RichardColeman said:

Maybe avoiding the growing Russian bars in Walking streets as they can see Russian girls at home !

Those Russian girls ,  are good bodyguards , they look the part ..

Edited by elliss

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

77 isn't old.  I play table tennis four times a week & go to the gym the other three days.  I can't think of a time in my younger days when I was happier.

Ah, physically fit, mentally f***ed.

Age gets to you one way or another

• Sad 1