Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

rooster59

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Just about everything Thailand offers them is cheaper in their own country, including sex. 

Never been to NZ then? Equivalent of a long time is not even an option, far as I know.

Try renting a place, if you can afford it. People are living in cars. How many farangs living in cars in Thailand?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 3:52 AM, Leaver said:

The western tourist market, including NZ as you suggest, has all but collapsed when compared to previous statistics. 

I'd be interested to see figures that support that statement. Do you have any ?

On January 10, 2020 at 2:35 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Never been to NZ then? Equivalent of a long time is not even an option, far as I know.

Try renting a place, if you can afford it. People are living in cars. How many farangs living in cars in Thailand?

May not be living in cars, but for most living on soi big cow, in $200 fan rooms, eating at tin cup, this may be a step up for them????????????????

5 hours ago, Leaver said:

Give it time and condo's here will be cheaper than cars.  ????

You are probably right

unfortunately if nothing is done (And i think nothing serious will be done, as usual here)

even with very cheap condos nobody will be able or intersted to live here, with a totally

unbreathable polluted air. It's now worse month after month in Pattaya, and could be a

reason to leave soon even without all the visa hassle.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

You are probably right

unfortunately if nothing is done (And i think nothing serious will be done, as usual here)

even with very cheap condos nobody will be able or intersted to live here, with a totally

unbreathable polluted air. It's now worse month after month in Pattaya, and could be a

reason to leave soon even without all the visa hassle.

Costa del Sol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

Many graphs and charts on the interest.

Here's a random one.  Scroll down for the drop in western nations.

http://www.atta.or.th/statistics-international-tourists-arriving-in-thailand-as-of-29-february-2016/

There's a lot more tourists arriving in Thailand than that sample, that seems to represent less than 15%, I can see why you might think tourist numbers have collapsed using those figures. 3m Chinese !!! If only that were true.

2 minutes ago, kinyara said:

There's a lot more tourists arriving in Thailand than that sample, that seems to represent less than 15%, I can see why you might think tourist numbers have collapsed using those figures. 3m Chinese !!! If only that were true.

I,'ll be arriving shortly  3 nights in partying to vietnam 2 nites iin Bangkok then home don,t know how that,'ll go down as on the records.

Customers in Pattaya’s famous bars and nightclubs down a whopping 40%

That is because there is no more prostitution in Pattaya, as the PM said.  :cheesy:

Russian family strolling down Walking Street one night.

Little boy points to the girls on stage at an open-front club and asks "Mama, what kind of dancing is that?"

"That is Thai ballet, son.  We are in the theatre district"

Edited by bendejo

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

You are misquoting me.

I have always said TAT is probably right, the numbers are up.  It's the money from those increased numbers that is down, way down.  No point having plenty of tourists if they don't spend and money.  

I said the western tourist market here has all but collapsed, when compared to previous statistics.  

There are many graphs and charts on the internet showing the decline in western tourists to Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

$200 fan rooms

Hope you meant baht. //

Unsure...

$200 is about 6'000 B, so the monthly price of many rooms around Soi Buakhao...

You can find way cheaper, mainly if you accept east of 3rd Rd.

On 1/12/2020 at 4:50 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

The thing that killed it for me was cost of insurance.

I miss LOS.

As I said in another thread, why not base yourself in a neighboring country, and holiday regularly to Thailand on 30 day visa exempt stamps? 

You get the stability of easy, cheap, and long visas in a neighboring country, but get to see Thai "girly girls" regularly. 

The flights are cheap, no 800k or insurance rubbish to worry about. 

On 1/12/2020 at 6:57 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Unsure...

$200 is about 6'000 B, so the monthly price of many rooms around Soi Buakhao...

You can find way cheaper, mainly if you accept east of 3rd Rd.

Fair enough. I thought he meant daily price, but yes monthly probably. Wish people would use baht when talking about Thai prices. Many different $ in use.

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

As I said in another thread, why not base yourself in a neighboring country, and holiday regularly to Thailand on 30 day visa exempt stamps? 

You get the stability of easy, cheap, and long visas in a neighboring country, but get to see Thai "girly girls" regularly. 

The flights are cheap, no 800k or insurance rubbish to worry about. 

Are you not aware that many visa exempt visits in one year are not allowed now?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Since when ??? :unsure:

I know a guy who comes every month from Cambodia for 1 week in Thailand, and I don't think he ever got a problem at the airport ...

On 1/15/2020 at 12:08 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, I know, but it's only really the back to back visa runners coming under notice. 

I have two friends that have left Pattaya, one went to Cambodia, and the other went to Vietnam.  Both come back to Pattaya for about a week to ten days, every 2 to 3 months.  Never had a problem. 

Both have said they enjoy their visits to Pattaya, but are glad they don't live in Thailand anymore.