Pattaya: Fair prices mooted and tour buses banned - "Monorail" set to reshape resort landscape

rooster59

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:
5 hours ago, ddotmark said:

Yes...that is exactly what I was thinking. When you take investment money from the Chinese, you are selling your sole. 

Something fishy about that comment!!

The Chinese can take all my old shoes if they so desire but my soul will always be free!

Edited by NanLaew

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Who's overseeing the project? Sontaya Khunpluem, son of Somchai Khunpluem aka Kamnan Poh the most feared and notorious gangster in Chonburi, convicted of murder and corruption and never served a day in prison, and owner of chunks of Pattaya.

Sontaya is also a favourite of Prayut, and served as his political advisor. Had previously served under Taksin. All brown envelopes will go to him.

Sontaya brother Ittipol is now Culture Minister in Prayut team.

i thought before Future Forward win Pattaya and Ittipol lose. But he still can be minister. How?

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Sontaya brother Ittipol is now Culture Minister in Prayut team.

i thought before Future Forward win Pattaya and Ittipol lose. But he still can be minister. How?

It's what you voted for, the new constitution. It gives Prayut the power to place who he wants, where he wants. Election results aren't significant. Sontaya was given Pattaya for his service to Prayut.

Do you really think that you live in a democracy?

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's what you voted for, the new constitution.

Not me. 

It gives Prayut the power to place who he wants, where he wants. Election results aren't significant. Sontaya was given Pattaya for his service to Prayut.

Hmmm. Think because Prayut know Khunplumes popular in Chonburi. He did  same Buriram etc.

Do you really think that you live in a democracy?

You know already. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Think because Prayut know Khunplumes popular in Chonburi

555 Khunplumes are not popular in Pattaya. They are despised and hated by most ordinary people who know them as murderers and thieves.

Ittipol owned Pattaya United (Dolphins). In the top league. Ittipol sold it and it moved to Samut Prakan and it was renamed. We were very proud of our club and it was a great loss. We are now trying to rebuild with Pattaya Discovery United, an amateur team who are currently in T4 East.

The Khunplumes are a very rich and powerful family in Chonburi who rule by fear. Popular? Not!

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

The bus stop signs are still scattered around, rusting away, adding to the general rundown, out of order appearance of the town.

You are too negative. They are an important milestone in the history of Pattaya and its fantastic development. 

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

As are the baht bus stops painted on the roads around Pattaya, never used. Just objets d'art for the tourists to wonder over.

They keep the tourists busy guessing why they are there. A real masterpiece of art achieving this. Such impressions will be an unforgettable mental challenge for many tourists. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

555 Khunplumes are not popular in Pattaya. They are despised and hated by most ordinary people who know them as murderers and thieves.

Ittipol owned Pattaya United (Dolphins). In the top league. Ittipol sold it and it moved to Samut Prakan and it was renamed. We were very proud of our club and it was a great loss. We are now trying to rebuild with Pattaya Discovery United, an amateur team who are currently in T4 East.

The Khunplumes are a very rich and powerful family in Chonburi who rule by fear. Popular? Not!

They won every election in Chonburi before. There own party.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/kunplome-family-party-hopes-independence-wins-seats-in-july-election-3639

Lost to future forward last election.

https://www.nationthailand.com/politics/30366522

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

They won every election in Chonburi before. There own party.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/kunplome-family-party-hopes-independence-wins-seats-in-july-election-3639

Lost to future forward last election.

https://www.nationthailand.com/politics/30366522

"Political observers believe Ittipol and his two candidates were beaten by the Future Forward candidates because Ittipol underestimated the pull of his rivals and his overconfidence led to complacency in campaigning."

Over confident. Neglected to rig the vote/ count. Also didn't hand out enough bribes.

Not really a problem, Ittipol is still a government minister and Sontaya is mayor of Pattaya.

This is Thailand, a miltary junta, not a democracy, the people have no voice.

• Like 1

"Political observers believe Ittipol and his two candidates were beaten by the Future Forward candidates because Ittipol underestimated the pull of his rivals and his overconfidence led to complacency in campaigning."

Over confident. Neglected to rig the vote/ count. Also didn't hand out enough bribes.

Not really a problem, Ittipol is still a government minister and Sontaya is mayor of Pattaya.

This is Thailand, a miltary junta, not a democracy, the people have no voice.

I read the thai language news before. 

It say the Khunplumes always win Chonburi before and quite popular. Get about 70%+ Many year already.

But when joined with Prayut last election, the people not like it. Plus future forward popular. 

So Ittipol lose election. But is now Culture Minister for the government ! ?

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I read the thai language news before. 

It say the Khunplumes always win Chonburi before and quite popular. Get about 70%+ Many year already.

But when joined with Prayut last election, the people not like it. Plus future forward popular. 

So Ittipol lose election. But is now Culture Minister for the government ! ?

You can read whatever you like in government controlled newspapers, elections have always been rigged by the rich and powerful Thai elite. Thailand has never had anything like a true democracy.

Do you really think that ordinary people would vote for a family headed by Kamnan Poh?

I could send you a link that would tell you the true story of the family but the website is blocked in Thailand. Do you have a VPN?

Edited by DannyCarlton

You can read whatever you like in government controlled newspapers, elections have always been rigged by the rich and powerful Thai elite.

Not government controlled.

Many news place in Thailand. If government controlled they not say what they say. Anti government.

If true, why Future Forward win all three in Pattaya?

I not belive Thannathorn is corrupt. That why he popular. 

WOW!  This transport system will be up and running by 2023!  Just in time for the high speed train from BKK in 2023!  Buses are banned for entering the city!  Baht buses will be rerouted!  WOW!  The fragrance of Bull ???? is filling the air.  WOW!  There goes another flying pig too!  WOW!  

But in all seriousness, it would be freakin' fantastic IF Pattaya's transportation issues were solved by 2023....... Along with wastewater management properly sorted; beaches kept clean and free of fecal coliform bacteria and trash. Oh well, we can dream......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Oh goodie. A monorail that can carry 10000 Chinese a day with their suitcases. And then those same 10000 Chinese tourists dragging their suitcases from the Monorail station to their Hotel. Wonderful!!!

The Chinese tourists should visit the New Zealand volcano.  Free tours into the crater.  Ten thousand a day would be about right.

More and more ugly concrete another huge heat sink and has any thought gone into disabled access ?   IMO a tram would be much better and as for the fare, they could, but wont, follow a few of the cities around the world to combat pollution Perth in OZ comes to mind free bus rides in the city center connecting to the train station.

19 hours ago, brianthainess said:

More and more ugly concrete another huge heat sink and has any thought gone into disabled access ?   IMO a tram would be much better and as for the fare, they could, but wont, follow a few of the cities around the world to combat pollution Perth in OZ comes to mind free bus rides in the city center connecting to the train station.

It doesn't have to be ugly nor does it need to serve one purpose, ( see http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:1235843/FULLTEXT02.pdf  for examples of design styles),  as far as disability access, that is an easy fix and something that is already used on modern elevated transport systems. I am not sure about being a heat sink if proper design and materials are used; the elevated structure would serve more as sun shielding and would be cooler below.  

If Thailand wanted too, it could make an elevated transport structure that would become a tourist attraction in itself by its pleasing aesthetic design along.  

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 2:53 PM, The Preacher said:

The Chinese tourists should visit the New Zealand volcano.  Free tours into the crater.  Ten thousand a day would be about right.

I am in NZ right now and tomorrow will be real near White Island but still on the mainland.  I will check it out for you.  Get the next 20 cruise liners full (10 days worth) ready and give me the word.  Do you do memorial services, Preacher????

Edited by The Deerhunter