Hinota / walk behind cultivator

djayz

1 hour ago, ireckonso said:

Check with theses guys down in bkk they have a  lot of used imports from japan. Front tine tillers will beat you to death.

http://www.nihonmono.com/#ad-image-2

http://www.nihonmono.com/product_detail-hand_tractor-81004939.html

http://www.nihonmono.com/product_detail-hand_tractor-50110086.html

Thanks! Have you ever bought from them? If so, what was the quality like? 

Hi djaz,

Have you thought about the rotary hoe attachment for weed strimmers.

They seem to be popping up in hardware shops in Thailand if it is for light work.

Have seen a shop selling second hand imported machines like in the op on way from udon to nongkhai but never stopped to look. 

Edited by farmerjo

1 hour ago, ireckonso said:

Do Home has a rotary attachment for weed strimmers I looked at it but said was made for the euroe brand, i am thinking about taking mine in and see see it will attach to my brand. 1500 baht but would be a handy tool to have.

Seen in Global House and Thaiwatsadu plus a couple of  shops downtown Phitsanulok.....but all look like Made in China quality.  Not that I am saying their bad! 

13 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Have you thought about the rotary hoe attachment for weed strimmers.

Hi Farmer Jo! Actually, I bought one of those about a year ago and even posted some short feedback here about it. 

I made the mistake back then of using it just after it had rained. Bad idea! The clay just stuck to it and it simply didn't do its job so I gave up after a few minutes. Plus the clay made it even heavier! 

I'm going to try it again between Xmas and NY when I have more time. I'm really keen to find out if it's any good or not in dry conditions. 

I'm not actually thinking of purchasing a Hinota, or any other unknown brand for that matter. When I but tools and equipment, I prefer paying a little more and getting well made, good quality stuff from reliable brands. 

The main reason I started this thread was because this brand keeps popping up on my screen/any sites I visit. I was curious if anybody here knew anything about it. Worth a try. 

Thanks to everybody for the recommendations and advice. 

A shop at the end of our Soi sells small agricultural equipment ,he had an Hintoa engine and water pump ,as one unit ,the engine was 7 hp diesel ,pump had 3 inch inlet and out lets ,I looked at it often ,selling for 15 000 baht.

Then I did not see it for a while I asked the shop owner ,who brought it ,he said come here ,to he took me to the side of the shop,they  was the diesel engine and a broken pump ,it looked like a bearing going in to the pump went and split the pump cover ,rendering the pump useless .

I never asked but I would say the guy who brought it had the problems ,as a new pump and took it back under guarantee , shop owner  said he would sell me the diesel engine for 5000 baht .

So, after this I would think about Hintoa ,and that goes for Chines made grass strimmers,I  had enough of them,  use it for an hour, repair it for half an hour.