Sorry, But It's Time To Leave

PhonThong

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

At least 2 people have but you won't accept it because they've urinated on your bonfire.

No one has mentioned a name.  Go on, name one that'll do it at the claimed price and I'd be happy to see you extinguish, what you see as, "my bonfire".

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

No one has mentioned a name.  Go on, name one that'll do it at the claimed price and I'd be happy to see you extinguish, what you see as, "my bonfire".

You first. Name an agent, in Pattaya, that is willing to do a dodgy retirement extension for someone who doesn't live in Chonburi.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You first. Name an agent, in Pattaya, that is willing to do a dodgy retirement extension for someone who doesn't live in Chonburi.

Sorry, I asked that very same question many posts ago (although I didn't mention "dodgy") and couple of people said there were some that did it at B13k but no one could actually name one.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Sorry, I asked that very same question many posts ago (although I didn't mention "dodgy") and couple of people said there were some that did it at B13k but no one could actually name one.

Please read CharlieH's post and then you will understand why. End of conversation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Please read CharlieH's post and then you will understand why. End of conversation.

But if you refrain from using the word 'dodgy' then it's OK to keep discussing ad nauseum. The suggestion that any of these procedures are 'dodgy' exists only in the minds of those who feel that their own decision to be 100% in compliance with the rules is somewhat diminished.

FWIW, there's plenty anecdotal evidence that some guys that don't live within the Jomtien Immigration office's jurisdiction do get their extensions facilitated there.

No, no... don't bother to demand names here. I could tell you but then I would probably have to kill you.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

But if you refrain from using the word 'dodgy' then it's OK to keep discussing ad nauseum. The suggestion that any of these procedures are 'dodgy' exists only in the minds of those who feel that their 100% compliance with the rules is somewhat diminished.

FWIW, there's plenty anecdotal evidence that some guys that don't live within the Jomtien Immigration office's jurisdiction do get their extensions facilitated there.

No, no... don't bother to demand names here. I could tell you but then I would probably have to kill you.

Not a problem...

2 minutes ago, JAFO said:

After reading the OP and then his subsequent responses I agree. Nothing wrong with it. We all make choices based on our needs and expectations.

Who knows maybe when I am much older my wife and I will move back to the U.S. 

Wish you the best OP. 

We’re all just frogs in a pot of water slowing heating up.  We can hop out anytime—but we stay and adjust to hotter and hotter water...

• Thanks 2

don't mine the finnicial requirements but if the government wants us to anti up then they must improver the quality of life here.  what i mean is, fix the pollution, enforcement of traffic laws, make the sidewalks safe.  not worth it to stay if these problems are not addressed. lots of other countries have better infrastructure and are safer.  saw an ambulance stuck in traffic today,  could have been me.  scary.   what are they doing with all this money anyway?

Edited by malibukid

7 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

What's truly annoying me about Thailand is the air. Maybe spending years in Alaska has spoiled me. But I like taking pictures and gorgeous landscapes are spoiled with smog and particles. And the litter. 

And now I see that politics here is heating up.

I'm not a doom and gloom guy, and only spend the winters here. But I have other options and haven't quite figured out which options to exercise. I doubt I will be in Thailand for the whole winter upcoming in 2020 though. But a month or two in buriram plus a month here in Bangkok would probably be okay.

but I am here till the end of February for sure so might as well have fun. to me though, all of the alleged hassles of Thailand with immigration and so forth pale in comparison to the pollution. I guess it's easier when you're young, my supercilious brat is totally happy in fascist China, Shanghai, although the air there is like mud.

Come on you lions!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mstevens said:

The pollution alone was enough to make me leave. I knew it was bad but I didn't realise quite how bad until I left. I used to get ill often, even though I lead a healthy lifestyle. Home isn't as exciting or interesting as Thailand, but not getting sick from the pollution was reason enough to leave. No regrets here.

Burning season is getting much worse in intensity, and now duration. The air will be among the worst in the world from December to July apparently.