Motorbike Insurance.

NoshowJones

I Have 1st class insurance with Tokyo Marine through Cosmos for my five year old Forza, it was renewed on 2nd Dec 2019.

For the last almost five years, I would get a letter quoting me with a figure to renew my insurance through the bank about a week

before, But this time only a text message reminding me my insurance was up, I had to get in touch with them, Cosmos, to get my renewal price.

I have paid the fee and they have confirmed this by sending me an App which has stopped working. I have requested my policy letter by post and I

am still waiting. My renewal fee has gone down to 3.500 Bt from the original 5.500 Bt because I have not made any claims.

I tried to change my insurance to AA on the advice of a poster, but they wanted 6.500 Bt, so I was not prepared to lose my no claims bonus, so

now I am stuck with an insurance broker, Cosmos, who confirm my policy, but will not send my policy to me.

Yes, I am covered, but what if I have to make a claim? Has anyone else received service like this?

20 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Been with Tokio Marine for cars / Cosmo for bikes for years.

Never had this issue.

They send me the new policy, then I pay it.

They send me the new policy, then I pay it.Tried dropping by and seeing them ? Our office in CNX has a lady who speaks better English than me !

"They send me the new policy, then I pay it." That was also my experience up until now. CNX is a long way to travel for a policy that should have been sent to me, maybe the fault lies with Cosmos who are the brokers. Next time I renew, I will try and do it with Tokyo Marine themselves.

Edited by possum1931

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Tokio does not do motorcycles - hence the partnership (?) with Cosmos

Check with your local Tokio rep - may have an answer.

Good Luck

Will check with Brian who runs the Nothanburi Honda agents who I bought the bike from nearly five years ago.

He fixed me up with my insurance. Thanks.

On 12/17/2019 at 3:16 PM, possum1931 said:

Will check with Brian who runs the Nothanburi Honda agents who I bought the bike from nearly five years ago.

He fixed me up with my insurance. Thanks.

I find m/c insurance weird with all this 1st class cover stuff, I bought a brand new Crf250l bike from a Honda dealership APS and they said I get free insurance for the 1st year, the cover full cost back 100% for right off cover and 80% thieft, so yeah free OK. 

2nd year would only cover 80% thief on the estimated cost on the bike at the time @ 2000 bht cost 2nd year cover.

As I see m/c insurance covers they are do different from company to company, I don't trust and will only insure for set value I want in case of thieft, that's the only threat I see that I need for my personal circumstances.

At mo I just wish I could cover my old bike for 80,000 bht cover thieft cost but can't get anyone.

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I find m/c insurance weird with all this 1st class cover stuff, I bought a brand new Crf250l bike from a Honda dealership APS and they said I get free insurance for the 1st year, the cover full cost back 100% for right off cover and 80% thieft, so yeah free OK. 

2nd year would only cover 80% thief on the estimated cost on the bike at the time @ 2000 bht cost 2nd year cover.

As I see m/c insurance covers they are do different from company to company, I don't trust and will only insure for set value I want in case of thieft, that's the only threat I see that I need for my personal circumstances.

At mo I just wish I could cover my old bike for 80,000 bht cover thieft cost but can't get anyone.

Brian told me that after your bike is five years old, you cannot get 1st class insurance anymore.

• Like 1