Re-Entry Permit (SETV), Phuket Airport vs. Patong

Planning to make Re-Entry Permit for my SETV in Phuket Patong I/O or maybe Airport... just to make clear, thanks:

Do they need TM30 for Re-Entry at Patong Immigration? (I know they need for Extension, not sure about Re-Entry)

At the airport they don't need TM30, but I heard there are some conditions for getting Re-Entry at Phuket airport?

(some posted it can be done only if "unable to make at I/O due to working hours", is this true for Phuket Airport?)

Hopefully somebody with knowledge or even better with experience can clear these up, many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Alex

29 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

There is no guarantee of a RE permit being available at the airport - Best you obtain in advance from the I/O

Why is that? Bangkok Airports are open 24/7 and no issue. Why a concern at Phuket?

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Because the desk is only open when they have international flights departing. I have also read the are not open during the hours and days that the immigration office in Phuket is open

I heard that too... But with so many flights to China and Asia during day and intercontinental flights in the evening, I guess RE desk should be open whole day except late night...

Theother thing (desk closed during I/O office open hours) sounds worrying, but not sure... Hope somebody who did RE will chime in?

If I do it in Patong I/O, will they require TM30 for Re-Entry (on SETV)?

9 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

I tried obtaining a RE at the airport and failed which meant I lost 8 months of an extension to stay. This occurred when the I/O was closed and not late at night. 

Sorry to hear that... So it's true then. Of course, no any official opening/closing times, typical confusion... it's better they just close it completely.

Does anybody know if TM30 is required when applying Re-Entry (on SETV) in immigration office?

2 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

its the farang volunteers that check to see if u have a tm 30 in ur passport before they issue you a number.

If you don't have one, they will make you get one.

I see, so they do need TM30 even for Re-Entry SETV? (I thought they only need it for Extension)

"They will make you get one", means I will have to pay a fine?  (I stay in AirBnB condo, no TM30)

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, silly question but assume your international X Phuket? 

What time is your flight. Can't imagine your flight would be only X Phuket on date time you fly.

Yes my flight is Phuket-HongKong 3:40pm Thursday... Yeah I'm sure there are many int'l flights then, but see poster above got screwed even at the evening not late night (when I know for sure there are tons of int'l flights), so I wouldn't risk losing my visa if nobody knows when RE desk is open or closed... so I guess I'll do I/O Patong, unlucky it seems they need TM30.

Just now, sallecc said:

Yes my flight is Phuket-HongKong 3:40pm Thursday... Yeah I'm sure there are many int'l flights then, but see poster above got screwed even at the evening not late night (when I know for sure there are tons of int'l flights), so I wouldn't risk losing my visa if nobody knows when RE desk is open or closed... so I guess I'll do I/O Patong, unlucky it seems they need TM30.

I was just pumping your thread. I live bkk hence every year I do my reentry permits at bkk airports. Brilliant service. Wouldn't dream of attending imm.

Point is Phuket along with CNX the 2 main international airports outside of bkk.

I do recall post long time ago re office very late not attended at DM. The traveller just had to wait little longer for someone to come along. 

I am hoping some members might post first hand experience. I note one person has already. 

So flying out of Phuket international at 3.40pm and you cannot obtain a re-entry permit!! I would find that amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I was just pumping your thread. I live bkk hence every year I do my reentry permits at bkk airports. Brilliant service. Wouldn't dream of attending imm.

Point is Phuket along with CNX the 2 main international airports outside of bkk.

I do recall post long time ago re office very late not attended at DM. The traveller just had to wait little longer for someone to come along. 

I am hoping some members might post first hand experience. I note one person has already. 

So flying out of Phuket international at 3.40pm and you cannot obtain a re-entry permit!! I would find that amazing.

Thanks ???? Yes hope somebody with positive experience will chime in... still hope to avoid dealing with TM30 for Re-Entry at I/O office... (didn't know they need TM30 for Re-Entry on SETV)

27 minutes ago, sallecc said:

Thanks ???? Yes hope somebody with positive experience will chime in... still hope to avoid dealing with TM30 for Re-Entry at I/O office... (didn't know they need TM30 for Re-Entry on SETV)

Hopefully some more Phuket guys will be along. I just did random search flights this Thurs X Phuket to KL. There are 4 flights alone with AirAsia. There must be 10+ times that amount. How can you not be able to obtain a re-entry permit early ARVO.

Download your tm8 have it filled in with pic, photocopy of pp id page last permission of stay stamp and your last entry stamp with tm6 alongside. Job done.

I'm at DM right now and just passed passport control. Was surprised. First time I have seen it crowded.

18 minutes ago, Incobart said:

also to note is that at I/O the price is 1000 B in the airport they ask 1500 B

When did this happen to YOU?

Yes swampy have a "service" to fill in form provide pic all they do is cut photocopy from pp and cut it out. Cost 200baht. 

Or walk in with your form filled in with pic attached. Zero fee. 

1000baht single entry. 3800baht multi.

Your posting that Phuket is 1500 even if you bring your own form filled in???

OK so I got TM30 (friend's friend is hotel owner, both very nice Thai people).

Then, in immigration office they said... they don't need TM30 for RE, haha...

Went afternoon for 2nd opening @ 1pm, in & out 3 minutes! (Patong I/O) ????

Tomorrow I'll pass by that mysterious airport RE desk and ask their times.

• Thanks 1

Phuket Airport only issues RE permits when the immigration office is closed.

To get the RE permit at the immigration office you will need the address registration, but some IO officers (if they are in good mood) will do it without the address registration. 

So to answer my 2 questions for this thread, if somebody asks later:

1) In Patong I/O they DON'T need TM30 for Re-Entry permit (on SETV).

(only TM8 form, passport copy, visa+stamp+TM6 copy, and 2 photos)

2) Airport Re-Entry desk is open 24/7, if empty ask others to call them in.

(I wouldn't risk my visa to do RE very late at night, other times seems ok)

I'll do all my future RE in Patong I/O, no need TM30 and very quick (PM's).

Cheers,

Alex

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sallecc said:

So to answer my 2 questions for this thread, if somebody asks later:

1) In Patong I/O they DON'T need TM30 for Re-Entry permit (on SETV).

(only TM8 form, passport copy, visa+stamp+TM6 copy, and 2 photos)

I'll do all my future RE in Patong I/O, no need TM30 and very quick (PM's).

Cheers,

Alex

Don't forget that IO officers change their mind very often and it is no guarantee that the address registration isn't required when applying for the Re-Entry permit at a later stage.

Every IO has a different take on Visas (and likely re-entry permits) at their own discretion (whim or mood). I would not leave it to the last day or risk it at the airport. TiT.

I recall going for Visa extension...

IO: its expiring today

Me: Still valid till midnight

IO: It won't be if I don't stamp it!

<deleted> wanted 4000B under the table bribe. I refused to pay and had to leave the country and return with a new Visa, which cost me more, but I refused to give in to bribery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Every IO has a different take on Visas (and likely re-entry permits) at their own discretion (whim or mood). I would not leave it to the last day or risk it at the airport. TiT.

I recall going for Visa extension...

IO: its expiring today

Me: Still valid till midnight

IO: It won't be if I don't stamp it!

<deleted> wanted 4000B under the table bribe. I refused to pay and had to leave the country and return with a new Visa, which cost me more, but I refused to give in to bribery.

Straight up I don't believe you. Where did this occur? Reason I'm sounding full on is that this thread is about reentry permit at Phuket airport. So far one post mentioned office was "closed". I doubt it. Most likely unattended. That person said he flew out without reentry permit and lost current permission of stay. 

Another posted that reentry permit desk is only open when Phuket imm office is closed. Clearly nonsense as the OP of this thread has mentioned above that is not the case. Another mentioned he was charged 1500baht at airport when it's 1000at imm. Again nonsense. Swampy along with others have service fee ~200baht if you want them fill in tm8 photo etc.

Now you come along with unrelated "story". Re bribe for an unrelated extension.  Most unrelated post possible.

Edited by DrJack54

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So far one post mentioned office was "closed".

Mmm  TRY READING WHAT I ACTUALLY WROTE 

"I tried obtaining a RE at the airport and failed which meant I lost 8 months of an extension to stay. This occurred when the I/O was closed and not late at night." NB I/O means immigration office NOT the re-entry desk/office at the airport which was in fact CLOSED AT THE TIME I WAS THERE- AND NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE TO OPEN IT.

• Haha 1

...I refused to pay and had to leave the country and return with a new Visa, which cost me more, but I refused to give in to bribery.

I dont by it either...
why would anybody, other than a complete fool, let his extension slide till the last day?

I tried obtaining a RE at the airport and failed which meant I lost 8 months of an extension to stay. This occurred when the I/O was closed and not late at night." NB I/O means immigration office NOT the re-entry desk/office at the airport which was in fact CLOSED AT THE TIME I WAS THERE- AND NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE TO OPEN IT.

did you ask any other officer?

Edited by phuketrichard

4 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

Mmm  TRY READING WHAT I ACTUALLY WROTE 

"I tried obtaining a RE at the airport and failed which meant I lost 8 months of an extension to stay. This occurred when the I/O was closed and not late at night." NB I/O means immigration office NOT the re-entry desk/office at the airport which was in fact CLOSED AT THE TIME I WAS THERE- AND NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE TO OPEN IT.

No need for capitals. So let's wait for back up post to enforce your experience. Did you read follow post from OP.

Rather than have dummy spit, let's find another similar report to yours.

Reentry permits need to be 100% available at international Thai airports. 

In fact I'm going Phuket Feb 19. Will report detailed response re availability of reentry permit availability.

My point is your post suggest not available. Back up post first hand helpful.

Doubt it. 

2 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

as above, nor do I<
why would anybody, other than a complete fool, let his extension slide till the last day?

I always advise people to get at least a single Re-Entry permit after receiving their new one year extension.

In this case they can leave the country on a moments notice without any problems.