1 year-extensión "O"

3 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

It's that time again.

What is the latest status in Jomtien on the required documentation for the application of the 1 year extension for the NON immigrant "O" pensioner visa?

The best thing is to ask directly to the desk in the immigration office.

If you are actually far from Pattaya let me know

i need to go to Jomtiem immigration office after tomorrow

for a residence certificate and i can ask for you if you want

• Like 1

I guess you mean a retirement extension... as opposed to a marriage extension? And as mentioned, will you use 800,000 baht in the bank, income of 65,000+ baht every month, or a combination of those?

If it is of any help, I did mine, retirement, 800k in the bank, and it was exactly the same as the last time.

There have been changes wrt 'income' method. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The best thing is to ask directly to the desk in the immigration office.

If you are actually far from Pattaya let me know

i need to go to Jomtiem immigration office after tomorrow

for a residence certificate and i can ask for you if you want

I have been there, asking the persons at the desk, but they handed me out the usual form TM7 to fill in but told me that no listing of documents is available. I lack a copy of the last application. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It would help if you could tell us what method you are using for the financial proof since that is the most important thing you need.

800 000 Baht scheme in Thai bank (in dollars account) deposited in the account for more than a year... 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I guess you mean a retirement extension... as opposed to a marriage extension? And as mentioned, will you use 800,000 baht in the bank, income of 65,000+ baht every month, or a combination of those?

If it is of any help, I did mine, retirement, 800k in the bank, and it was exactly the same as the last time.

There have been changes wrt 'income' method. 

Yes, 800 000 bank deposit schemes. I hardly remember each document I used last time... 

I did it last week in Jomtien using the 800K in the bank route and NOTHING has changed on the paperwork front.

The ONLY change is that when they give you back your freshly visa'd passport the next day, you're told to report back after 3 months with the usual copies of your passport and an updated bank book showing the balance. 

They have the same quota system in place as this time last year, 50 people in the morning and 50 in the afternoon, so you'll need to get there reasonably early to get a ticket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I did it last week in Jomtien using the 800K in the bank route and NOTHING has changed on the paperwork front.

The ONLY change is that when they give you back your freshly visa'd passport the next day, you're told to report back after 3 months with the usual copies of your passport and an updated bank book showing the balance. 

They have the same quota system in place as this time last year, 50 people in the morning and 50 in the afternoon, so you'll need to get there reasonably early to get a ticket.

Same here, except I was expecting the IO lady to tell me about reporting in 3 months with updated bank book showing 800K for that period.  She said nothing , so I asked the question and she then looked at a calendar and said "come March 10 or after, cannot before".  A friend in my village had to sign a duplicated form agreeing to come back after 3 months to show the required balance and did so with no problems.  What would have happened at my next visit to Immigration after March 10 if I hadn't been to show my bank book balance?  Not sure if my friend had anything stamped in her passport after 3 months to show she'd been and all was OK or not.  

List I have for Jomtien ( money in the bank method) is:

completed TM7 form

passport size photo original

copy of passport bio page

original non imm visa copy

last re entry permit stamp copy

permission to stay stamp - last ( copy) 

last entry stamp copy

TM 6 copy

householders blue book copy*

TM 30

householders ID card copy *

(Rental Contract if renting copy) 

Original passport

letter from bank showing tenure and balance of account for required funds

bank book original ( for inspection only)

I believe bank letter etc has to be dated the day of application.

*= Needs to be signed

Hope this helps.

would appreciate it if anyone has identified any omissions. Thx

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Just did mine yesterday using 800,000 baht in bank method. Use the attached checklist from the PCEC. No problems. Was #4 in the queue. In and out in less than 15 minutes. Go back this afternoon to pick up passport with new extension.

retirementvisachecklist-800k-in-Thai-Bank.pdf 160.33 kB · 35 downloads

i had similar experience at Jomtien, 3 weeks ago.

i had triplecate copies of most of the paperwork..the guy VERY quickly removed the extra copies.asked for 1,900 thb, then said collect passport after 2pm tomorrow--took about 5mins..

the next day i returned, collected stamped passport, then filled out another paper for multi entry,,10mins later, paid another 3,800 thb--told to wait...

waited another 15mins..all finished..i was very relieved and happy chappy.

note for those expats that are concerned about 'dress code'.....

wearing trousers etc, is absolute nonsense..and unneccesary

the ONLY  people wearring trousers at jomtien, were the thai immigration staff.

of course-dress tidy...

1 hour ago, phetchy said:

Same here, except I was expecting the IO lady to tell me about reporting in 3 months with updated bank book showing 800K for that period.  She said nothing , so I asked the question and she then looked at a calendar and said "come March 10 or after, cannot before".  A friend in my village had to sign a duplicated form agreeing to come back after 3 months to show the required balance and did so with no problems.  What would have happened at my next visit to Immigration after March 10 if I hadn't been to show my bank book balance?  Not sure if my friend had anything stamped in her passport after 3 months to show she'd been and all was OK or not.  

I distinctly remember some posts on that issue from a couple of weeks ago.  IO did not issue any receipt, stamp or document at the 3-month financial check and didn't even make a note of it in his documents or PC. 

2 hours ago, murraynz said:

i had similar experience at Jomtien, 3 weeks ago.

i had triplecate copies of most of the paperwork..the guy VERY quickly removed the extra copies.asked for 1,900 thb, then said collect passport after 2pm tomorrow--took about 5mins..

the next day i returned, collected stamped passport, then filled out another paper for multi entry,,10mins later, paid another 3,800 thb--told to wait...

waited another 15mins..all finished..i was very relieved and happy chappy.

note for those expats that are concerned about 'dress code'.....

wearing trousers etc, is absolute nonsense..and unneccesary

the ONLY  people wearring trousers at jomtien, were the thai immigration staff.

of course-dress tidy...

Hi, can I ask what was the 3800B for? Normally, a single entry is 1000B and multi entry is 1800B !

19 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Hi, can I ask what was the 3800B for? Normally, a single entry is 1000B and multi entry is 1800B !

A Multi Entry Re Entry Permit costs 3,800 baht.

A Single Entry Non Imm O Visa costs 1,000 baht.

A Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa costs 5,000 baht.

12 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Unsure where you get the 1800B figure from.A Multiple Re-Entry Permit is 3800 baht and has been for some time.

On 12/18/2019 at 10:04 AM, ubonjoe said:

Letter from the bank not more than 3 days old. Updated bank book copies showing it has been in the bank for at least 2 months on the day you apply.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, most recent entry stamp, current extension stamp and TM6 departure card.

Under the new rules (March 1st this year) you will need to keep 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the date you apply and Jomtien will want you to return in 90 days with a update copy of your bank book to prove it is still in the bank. After those 3 months you can lower the amount to 400k baht for the remainder of the year.

I will stay outside Thailand for a couple of months from February 2020. My present residence is in Pattaya where I will apply for the extension of a retirement visa. Is there a strict date after the third 3 months to present a bankbook copy at immigration or would it be acceptable to present a copy of the bank book in Bangkok and not in Pattaya after after 4 months? The money in the bank has never been touched for 2 years.

13 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

I will stay outside Thailand for a couple of months from February 2020. My present residence is in Pattaya where I will apply for the extension of a retirement visa. Is there a strict date after the third 3 months to present a bankbook copy at immigration or would it be acceptable to present a copy of the bank book in Bangkok and not in Pattaya after after 4 months? The money in the bank has never been touched for 2 years.

I know of people who have been told to come in as soon as they return to Thailand after the 90 days. I would expect you need to return to the office that granted the extension.... 

• Thanks 1