Nearly denied entry with valid multiple entry tourist visa

18 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

What does this mean exactly? He will be denied entry next time? Needs a different visa for the future? 

The OP made a point of saying he had a new passport however his entire Thai travel history from this and previous passports will be in their computer system. There is a good chance that no one looked deep into his history for this entry but they could in the future. The OP didn’t state his full travel history so it is hard to say whether he would be stamped in again if questioned even if he had a different visa.

20 hours ago, Chivas said:

What does it mean ??  Means he's got a marker against his name passport number etc etc. Almost certainly will be questioned in future and almost certainly watching the amount of subsequent entries

Wrong. If he leaves and comes back a couple times on his METV especially in under sixty days, even better if much shorter sometimes that is EXACTLY what a tourist does. OP why in world if you have a tourist visa did you not simply say you are a tourist ? I mean you sound like you are lifting too many weights. Not sure if it’s been mentioned,  but in your initial thread you never mentioned what your history was before the 4 month break. That would be very useful to know. Lastly DON’T go to female IO’s. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, freeman01 said:

Next time just say you are traveling and going to the islands or something very vague vacation related.

Never ever mention any activities other than snorkling, relaxing at the beach or see the elephants if on a tourist visa.

No wonder so many people gets pulled over if you give answers like that.

Learn what they want to hear and appears to be the nice golden little lamb they want you to be and you wont have any issues. 

Especially the last sentence is so true!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 3:13 PM, FalangJaiDee said:

You could've gotten an ED visa to learn muai thai, but that would've presented its own host of problems. That being said, whats a good, neutral reason for wanting to visit thailand for 60-180 days? Anyone? :')

Ah, because it's a great place for an extended holiday?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, freeman01 said:

No wonder so many people gets pulled over if you give answers like that.

Learn what they want to hear and appears to be the nice golden little lamb they want you to be and you wont have any issues. 

Have to agree with that 100% and I have also heard the weirdest answers with people in embassy / queues of immigration, that actually made them suspicious for real. Why would you over explain what you come to do here by describing sports etc etc instead of saying you are going to chill at the resorts.
Be lazy and spend money as a tourist does.

Edited by tabarin
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, saengd said:

Why is that "nearly denied entry", isn't it more like the Immigration officer asked you more questions than in the past? It's a bit like saying you only just avoided being mowed down by a truck whilst crossing the street but the truck was still five blocks away!

Yes, they asking much more than before, I live here for long time, and have for more than 5 years an retirementstamp in my passport.

But the last time I have to explaine exactly where I live, it never happens before.

4 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Why on earth did you refer to a fitness holiday ? Just say you are a tourist. Don't complicate the issue, and don't offer info you have not neen asked for.

I disagree, it is not complicating the issue, rather giving a good reason for the fact that he is coming back over and over again for extensive stays. With most IOs telling them you come here for Muay Thai will make them feel proud of their heritage and might help rather than hurt. 

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Wrong. If he leaves and comes back a couple times on his METV especially in under sixty days, even better if much shorter sometimes that is EXACTLY what a tourist does. OP why in world if you have a tourist visa did you not simply say you are a tourist ? I mean you sound like you are lifting too many weights. Not sure if it’s been mentioned,  but in your initial thread you never mentioned what your history was before the 4 month break. That would be very useful to know. Lastly DON’T go to female IO’s. 

To respond to your first line you're wrong. He's been flagged now whether he has a problem or not in the future we'll likely never know but nevertheless he has a marker against him now

Edited by Chivas