Phuket hunt for fugitive Florida man continues

webfact

Phuket hunt for fugitive Florida man continues

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1576649083_1-org.jpg

Search teams failed to find the American in the jungle just south of Chalong Circle. Photo: Chalong Police

PHUKET: Chalong Police today issued a wanted poster for 28-year-old Florida man Ezekiel Shilon Dolcide, who escaped police custody by running away while still handcuffed on Monday afternoon (Dec 16).

Dolcide was being transferred to Chalong Police Station to await deportation after he was convicted of marijuana possession and overstaying in the country when he made good his getaway simply by running off after police opened the vehicle door for him as he arrived at the station.

Dolcide fled past the busy Chalong Circle and down Wiset Rd toward Rawai, then disappeared in the jungle behind the SuperCheap store some 260 metres away.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-hunt-for-fugitive-florida-man-continues-74040.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-18
  • Haha 2

"but there is no reward for anyone who finds him,” he added.

Dolcide may be considered as dangerous, Col Sarawut said.

Although I am against over stayers, one would think it would be better to offer the incentive of a reward to catch a dangerous fugitive, than somebody with a visa infringement !

Edited by Thaiwrath
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Dolcide fled past the busy Chalong Circle and down Wiset Rd toward Rawai, then disappeared in the jungle behind the SuperCheap store some 260 metres away.

The clocks ticking for him, he'll come out when he's hungry then get noticed by the public.

You can't hide handcuffs & a tanned mug for ever.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Dolcide was being transferred to Chalong Police Station to await deportation after he was convicted of marijuana possession and overstaying in the country when he made good his getaway simply by running off after police opened the vehicle door for him as he arrived at the station.

He managed to run 260 metres in handcuffs, quicker than the police. That only states they have to get harder on the "pom puis" at physical tests. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

He managed to run 260 metres in handcuffs, quicker than the police. That only states they have to get harder on the "pom puis" at physical tests. 

Its not that hard to do. In this country police cuff suspects in front. Don't know about European countries, but in the US everyone is cuffed behind the back, harder to run. I always thought it dumb when I see them cuffed in front, here. One can still climb fences. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, featography said:

Its not that hard to do. In this country police cuff suspects in front. Don't know about European countries, but in the US everyone is cuffed behind the back, harder to run. I always thought it dumb when I see them cuffed in front, here. One can still climb fences. 

Agreed, certainly makes more sense....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Using google, the only jungle I can see behind Supercheap is more like an overgrown lot. He should have been spotted in there very quickly.

Perhaps the plod were lagging well behind after the 260 meter sprint.

21 hours ago, featography said:

The police dropped the ball here

He shouldn't have been left unattended and I don't believe he just outran them in cuffs

48 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

He shouldn't have been left unattended and I don't believe he just outran them in cuffs

So you expect the cops to sit in the back of the paddy wagon. He had 2 cops in attendance and the guy really legged it at high speed. The cops almost caught him.

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

There is a video, it clearly shows he outran them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1