In historic moment, U.S. House impeaches Donald Trump for abuse of power

webfact

15 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Repubs could call any witness relevant they wanted.

Yes, but as soon as the would call a witness relevant, Adam Schiff would call them irrelevant, and disallow them from testifying. 

I thought you knew that. 

So would you please explain why the House refused to wait to hear Barr and Pompeo testimony? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

not only the Bidens, he accuses anybody and everybody who doesn't agree with him, and always without any evidence to back up his comments. He keeps saying he didn't do anything wrong, again without evidence, he's anything but humble, not a single time the word ' I am sorry' came out of his mouth

How does one provide evidence that they’ve done nothing wrong? 

He is an egotistical blow-hard, but claiming he has never apologized is a lie. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

Yes, but as soon as the would call a witness relevant, Adam Schiff would call them irrelevant, and disallow them from testifying. 

I thought you knew that. 

So would you please explain why the House refused to wait to hear Barr and Pompeo testimony? 

Point 1: it's just a lame speculation. All relevant witnesses have been accepted.

Point 2: do you mean they did not want to wait because they did not want them to testify? Me stupid! I thought it was Trump who did not want them to testify.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

I thought you knew that. 

Volker was supposed to be the republicans star witness. That worked well for them.

How long should congress have waited for these republicans to come forward.... to allow these republicans to block the investigation? There was enough testimony presented to impeach without these guys, so no need to wait anyway.

Besides, just because the house has impeached the trump, the investigation continues, much like if a murderer is arrested on incomplete evidence, to get him off the street and into custody, whilst the murder investigation is ongoing.... so too will the dems keep digging, to gather yet more evidence to further solidify the case against #3... and hearing from Barr and pompeo would be help that greatly.... or exonerate #3 if that perfect call was so perfect.

Your question should be more along the line of why didn’t republicans with first hand knowledge come forward.... logic dictates guilt

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

How does one provide evidence that they’ve done nothing wrong? 

He is an egotistical blow-hard, but claiming he has never apologized is a lie. 

instructing his cohorts to cooperate with an investigation would be a good start.... not obstructing congressional oversight would help as well.

come on man... innocent people go before the courts everyday and manage to prove their innocence. To suggest its impossible to prove ones innocence is rare ignorance.

Edited by jany123
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jany123 said:

instructing his cohorts to cooperate with an investigation would be a good start.... not obstructing congressional oversight would help as well.

come on man... innocent people go before the courts everyday and manage to prove their innocence. To suggest its impossible to prove ones innocence is rare ignorance.

Speaking of courts, Pelosi had every opportunity to challenge Trump's executive privilege claim in the courts, but she refused to do so.  She knew she would lose.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, candide said:

Point 1: it's just a lame speculation. All relevant witnesses have been accepted.

All witnesses Adam Schiff saw as revenant for the purpose of impeaching Trump, which was his job.

14 minutes ago, candide said:

Point 2: do you mean they did not want to wait because they did not want them to testify? Me stupid! I thought it was Trump who did not want them to testify.

I don’t mean anything. I am asking your why you think the left could not wait for them to testify. I can think of a couple reasons, but I want to know what YOU think. 

If their testimony was not needed to impeach, why is it so important their testimony be heard in the Senate?

The House was supposed to have completed their case, Senate is not supposed to complete the investigation. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RideJocky said:

I don’t know, and I am not clear how you know.

It's very easy, I explain you how. You just need to stop making general and vague statements and consider facts one by one.

The whole QPQ story happened between March/April and September this year. Consider each person rejected (except the whistleblower who wanted to remain anonymous) and the following questions (1) did they have some knowledge of what Trump did in relation to Ukraine during this period (between March/April and September 2019)? and (2) were there able to clear or incriminate Trump about doing or not a QPQ? (in case answering the first question is not enough)

Biden: No. No

Chalupa: No.No.

Etc...

(In case you have a doubt about one of them, don't hesitate to mention the name to me for further discussion)

On the other hand, for the accepted witnesses:

Sondland: Yes. Yes

Etc...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

Excellent article from 'The Slate'..  'Who is Really in Charge of the Impeachment Trial?'.... never mind Pelosi & McConnell... Roberts is the one to watch..

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/12/senate-impeachment-trial-john-roberts-mitch-mcconnell.html?fbclid=IwAR0nktRxMveMUITDyA3MnsbpB423gClXQA9KY1bW92ObtScfsf0QyCeDAFk

Very interesting article. Thanks!