CM immigration - going downhill?

11 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The fact that you think this is a good level of service is funny in itself.

There was a line of people ahead of me, of course, but it went fairly quickly. The IO was business like and efficient. The final IO gave me a smile when I left L section. I have nothing to complain about. 

I don’t understand people getting there at 6am to get a queue number just to get a queue number. Or people who show up after lunch thinking they are not going to be there after hours. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, legend49 said:

3 hours to do some simple checks and a stamp and thats best service ever???

If that were the case then no. A one year extension is not some simple checks and a stamp. The actual processing of the paperwork and examining your financials for a one year extension takes about 45 minutes. About 15 minutes for the multiple entry stamp. In your home country, without an appointment, you’ve never had to wait for your turn at a government office, motor vehicle department, doctors office, bank? Heck . . . I’ve waited hours just to be seen in an emergency room. I waited in two queues that morning. 

And to get a little more technical about it, if you’ve studied a little industrial engineering, they are doing batch processing. They look at the applications of several applicants in a batch. They may finish processing your application more quickly but you have to wait for the batch to complete.

Just bring something to do while you are there. I usually have lunch and do a little shopping. There is often a large food festival on the main floor at CW. Relax and enjoy. Sabai Sabai.

And . . . get organized and be prepared with everything you need for whatever you are doing. Be nice to the IO’s and they will be nice to you. You will encounter fewer frustrations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I have a friend who went there on Friday 11.00,which is

about the soonest you can arrive after getting Bank letter

and update on the book....no tickets left,come back sharp

on Monday, so he gets there at 5.00 in morning,gets ticket

number 3, When he gets up to Immigration officer,you have

to update your bank book !.

So off he goes to update the book, he says there are all new

staff there and new boss,looks like it's back to Promenade

carry on where you had to be there 4-5 o'clock to get a

ticket,where you were feel you were been steered to use

an agent, about 6 months ago I did my extension,from getting

letter at bank, driving to offices,getting my extension and out

total time approx 2 hours,now it looks  like things have changed,

back to the old ways .☹️    P.S. it was 4.00 went he left Immigration.

regards Worgeordie

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

What immigration office did you go to?

Edited by Martyp

19 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

For my extension at CW Immigration in August the IO insisted on a record of 100 baht deposit in my KB passbook the same day of application for extension. As KB didn't open in the Government Complex until 10am and didn't have an automated passbook update machine outside the bank, completion of my extension application was delayed. So much for my No.1 cue for my extension application.

As I was using the income method with monthly foreign bank transfers on or about the 28th of each month, I asked why was the 100 baht passbook recording made on the day of my application necessary considering I had a bank letter itemizing my 12 monthly deposits, each documented by bank-issued Credit Advice Receipts and my passbooks. IO says, It's the Law. When pressed as to legal specifics, the IO said all my documentation might be fake and only a passbook showing a deposit on the day of my application confirms authenticity.???

My first 1 year extension at CW didn't go entirely smoothly with regard to bank documents. I didn't know what was needed and it was my error. The IO wrote a note in Thai to the bank so I could go downstairs and get the proper documents. The process added an hour to my time at CW. I took notes on what was need and in October this year I returned with all the proper documents and all went smoothly.

It is unfortunate that your bank doesn't have a bank passbook update machine at CW. Next time find an update machine at your local branch before heading out to CW. Kasikorn has an update machine outside their office at CW. After getting my queue number I make a 1000 baht withdrawal at the ATM and then update my passbook. Your monthly income records are irrelevant regarding the same day passbook update. Don't overthink it. Just add passbook update to your checklist of things to do next time. 

36 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I have a friend who went there on Friday 11.00,which is

about the soonest you can arrive after getting Bank letter

and update on the book....no tickets left,come back sharp

on Monday, so he gets there at 5.00 in morning,gets ticket

number 3, When he gets up to Immigration officer,you have

to update your bank book !.

So off he goes to update the book, he says there are all new

staff there and new boss,looks like it's back to Promenade

carry on where you had to be there 4-5 o'clock to get a

ticket,where you were feel you were been steered to use

an agent, about 6 months ago I did my extension,from getting

letter at bank, driving to offices,getting my extension and out

total time approx 2 hours,now it looks  like things have changed,

back to the old ways .☹️    P.S. it was 4.00 went he left Immigration.

regards Worgeordie

I'm familiar with updating the bank book same day but can't the letter be gotten a few days ahead of time at CM?

21 minutes ago, Martyp said:

I'm familiar with updating the bank book same day but can't the letter be gotten a few days ahead of time at CM?

I came in at 7.30 for my extension and after it was my turn,was told I had to update my bankbook NOW.

I had the bankletter from the day before,same as 10 times before.Tried to say I came here at 7.30 and the bank was then closed.Was also told now need 3 pictures one extra in the bedroom with 2 people,which is difficult to do when you are only with 2 people,so had to ask the neighbor.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Yes. 7 days they said,but they have new staff there,so who knows.

regards Worgeordie

10 minutes ago, dvg said:

I came in at 7.30 for my extension and after it was my turn,was told I had to update my bankbook NOW.

I had the bankletter from the day before,same as 10 times before.Tried to say I came here at 7.30 and the bank was then closed.Was also told now need 3 pictures one extra in the bedroom with 2 people,which is difficult to do when you are only with 2 people,so had to ask the neighbor.

The same thing happened to me my first time. I went to update my bank book at the branch downstairs and returned and didn’t have to wait in line. She saw me right away. Not a problem. 

The pictures are definitely a problem if you don’t have them. I assume this was a marriage extension? This is info you should have been able to get by visiting the Immigration office beforehand to get a list of the requirements. It is also widely posted on TVF. Even in my case, using the banked money method, I took several selfies of myself in the condo lobby and in front of the building before going for my extension. I didn’t think I would need them but it doesn’t hurt to be over prepared.

36 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Yes. 7 days they said,but they have new staff there,so who knows.

regards Worgeordie

During my 20 minute visit to Chiang Mai Immigration to process my Retirement Extension this week my bank letter from the day before was accepted without comment.  Seems that any longer period is questioned.  My understanding is that the account is locked for 24 hours after the letter is given so withdrawals wouldn't happen in that time period.

10 minutes ago, fredge45 said:

During my 20 minute visit to Chiang Mai Immigration to process my Retirement Extension this week my bank letter from the day before was accepted without comment.  Seems that any longer period is questioned.  My understanding is that the account is locked for 24 hours after the letter is given so withdrawals wouldn't happen in that time period.

I've not had a problem when the letter was issued three or four days prior and my account is certainly never locked. That said, Phuket Immigration, ten years ago, insisted the letter was dated the same day, when HSBC Bangkok was my bank that meant flying back with the letter in the morning and visiting Immi. around lunch time, crazy stuff indeed!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fredge45 said:

My understanding is that the account is locked for 24 hours after the letter is given so withdrawals wouldn't happen in that time period.

Which bank? I got my Kasikorn letter on a Saturday for use on a Monday at CW. I have no problem making withdrawals at any time. The same day bank book update verifies that your account hasn’t fallen below the requirements between getting the letter and going to Immigration.