CM immigration - going downhill?

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

I would say, whoever came up with this loonie 24 hour, TM30 reporting, did it with the hardship it would make on elder retirees.

When they wrote the law about TM30 a retirement visa / extension didn't exist.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

What does the TM30, 24 hour reporting have to do with yearly visa extensions other than both being nonsensical?    

The law behind the TM30 report was released 1979, and there weren't that many retired people here. Plus, immigration didn't enforce the TM30 report for a very long time. So,the hardship you're talking about depends these days on where in Thailand your staying as a retiree. In many provinces there are no 24 hours reporting when travelling in Thailand and coming back to the last reported address. When coming from abroad and staying in Pattaya, it's now within 3 days. The TM30 report is annoying, but manageable. 

1 hour ago, CMNightRider said:

What does the TM30, 24 hour reporting have to do with yearly visa extensions other than both being nonsensical?    

You said that the people who came up with the TM30 didn't think about the hardship for older retirees.

I explained to you that in 1979 (when the immigration act was written) a retirement visa didn't exist.

Probably most foreign retirees back then had permanent residency status, no TM30 required.

So it's not surprising that they didn't think about retirees when they wrote the law requiring a TM30.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Surely anybody can deposit into your account?? Now a withdrawal can only be done by you. My IO need to see a withdrawal on the day.....any amount.

It's more about dancing through hoops... when you have done, they like to produce another from behind their back.. not saying exactly where from behind them! Like the traffic policeman who, after being frustrated by valid licence, tax and insurance, suddenly says, oh look, pillion passenger footrests are down!

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It's more about dancing through hoops... when you have done, they like to produce another from behind their back.. not saying exactly where from behind them! Like the traffic policeman who, after being frustrated by valid licence, tax and insurance, suddenly says, oh look, pillion passenger footrests are down!

That is kind of what they did to the American guy with his proof of monthly transfers..he had prepared in great detail, added a nice spreadsheet..and was still sent back to the bank...that is still kind of a grey area, that I wouldn't want to be in, but he did finally get his extension.

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

You said that the people who came up with the TM30 didn't think about the hardship for older retirees.

I explained to you that in 1979 (when the immigration act was written) a retirement visa didn't exist.

Probably most foreign retirees back then had permanent residency status, no TM30 required.

So it's not surprising that they didn't think about retirees when they wrote the law requiring a TM30.

"Life is short. Be sure to spend as much time as possible arguing on the internet with random strangers"
~ Abraham Lincoln ????

23 hours ago, Martyp said:

Which bank? I got my Kasikorn letter on a Saturday for use on a Monday at CW. I have no problem making withdrawals at any time. The same day bank book update verifies that your account hasn’t fallen below the requirements between getting the letter and going to Immigration.

Discussing Chiang Mai Immigration here - not CW in Bangkok.

• Like 1

They almost send us (baby too) away last time for arriving right after lunch break.
My argument was that we had to wait the last time until late afternoon anyway (so why come earlier), isn't exactly easy to keep a baby clean and breastfed in a immigration building with no airco etc etc.  So eventually, they accepted to get us a number (and took ages again). 

Trying to avoid going there more than once next year.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:10 PM, tabarin said:

They almost send us (baby too) away last time for arriving right after lunch break.
My argument was that we had to wait the last time until late afternoon anyway (so why come earlier), isn't exactly easy to keep a baby clean and breastfed in a immigration building with no airco etc etc.  So eventually, they accepted to get us a number (and took ages again). 

Trying to avoid going there more than once next year.

Excellent point. 
Does anyone know if there’s only a fixed number of applications being processed daily? Or has the IO’s decided that they will only give out ticket numbers until 8 am just because they can?

Whichever the case, the earlier poster that thinks CM immigration is efficient must be a very patient guy/gal.