Water pressure very low in the morning

ivor bigun

We dont always use our pump and water tank ,but just use the mains ,the last few days in the morning the pressure is very low ,the wife said that the water board have cut the pressure down to save water as there was so little rain this year ,its very low and becoming a problem ,anyone else notice this ?

Soi Khaotalo.  Water supply rather unreliable lately - several outages recently, usually for about 24 hours.  When the supply is on the pressure is often low enough for our pump to have to kick in.  Typically, the pressure will be low or non-existent during most of the day but will improve in the evenings - which doesn't really make a lot of sense.  I don't know if the PWA are messing with the system or deliberately reducing the pressure or whether it's a case of the infrastructure not being up to the job.

15 hours ago, champers said:

I would be interested to know where you are located. Anywhere near the lake?

Banglamung ,near to Sukhumvit , we rarely have any problems here . it only seems low in the morning , as i said the wife told me the reason ,she knows quite a few high up people ,so i assume she heard from one of  them .

9 hours ago, n210mp said:

There is a water shortage and no doubt the WA are already "rationing"

Mabrachan is half empty!

I don't think that Pattaya's water comes solely from Mabprachan any more. They did a huge eastern seabird upgrade with major pipelines being laid across Chonburi from Rayong up to Chachoengsao and I think there's no main reservoir per se. Yet only 6 months ago...

THAILAND’S RESERVOIRS MORE THAN 80% FULL EVEN BEFORE THE ONSET OF MONSOON

https://news.lovepattayathailand.com/national/thailands-reservoirs-more-than-80/

Admittedly, the yearly conundrum of whether to release too much too early like in 2011 has been obviated by this years decidedly dry rainy season. The upside for the tourism downturn is less hotel guests so less water consumption. When I lived down there a few years ago, the PWA were pretty good at announcing outages and if you suddenly woke up to no water, there was always a neighbor or motorcycle taxi guy who had heard about it and knew when it would be turned back on. I recall that they sometimes passed on their announcements via English language radio but maybe they have a new guy in charge who doesn't do all that proactive, public service stuff.

Archived