Where to go in Eastern Europe for an Expat???

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Summer time only, BudaPest and the like are iceboxes in the winter

Is there much of a difference between Bucharest and Budapest?  Concerned a bit about the cold, too.  Been looking in Colorado (Sangre de Cristos), different parts of Wyoming, Montana, and northern Nevada...cold enough to freeze motor oil....

Edited by moontang

https://global.remax.com/searchresults.aspx?action=list&start=97&page=5&count=24&type=261&currency=USD&min=5000&max=25000&sb=PriceIncreasing&sort=PriceIncreasing&featured=hide&countries=105

Here is an excellent site for global real estate listings..Georgia is interesting.  The capital or the coast?  I have always liked functional cities more than resort places..always pirates at the resorts..

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

I love Eastern Europe (in summer anyway)

I'd go for Budapest myself. Avoid Romania, full of pikey's.

All the romanian girls in the FKKs claim to be Italian

5 hours ago, moontang said:

Any specific cities?  How long can you hang out, before you become unwelcome like here?

I think Americans get 90 day visa free (every 180 day period). More than that you need a tourist visa. I'm mostly hearing that Kyiv is a great European city that is very very cheap compared to western Europe. Kind of like the kind of interesting expats that used to go to Prague back in the day are going to Kyiv now (I have been to Prague and Budapest but not cheap anymore).  Have watched a number of vlogs from digitial nomads, constant travelers, etc. raving about the place. I'm mildly curious myself as my grandparents came from there (when it was Russia).

Edited by Jingthing

56 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Spoke with a fellow that lived in bkk for 8 years, he just returned, said Eastern Europe was cheaper than bkk. 

Yes its cheaper in Bulgaria. Even the knock off gear which was identical to Thailand was same price without haggling

16 hours ago, moontang said:

Currently 10f in Anchorage, but -9f in Alamosa, Colorado.

I attended university in Alamosa and lived in Crested Butte...they are some of the coldest places in the Rocky Mountain region, (-35 or lower is possible)...

Checkout Salida & Buena Vista Colorado, 1+ hour north of Alamosa and much more temperate. Today the temperature is 40f/20f. Good community, hospitals, shopping etc and very close to many outdoor activities.