White gold/plat wmns setting - BKK or US

Number 6

I've put off this purchase forever but need to buy my wife a ring.

I'd purchased platinum band for her to avoid having to have the white gold replated.

Jewelery in US is ridiculously overpriced but I've no idea where to find a trustworthy jeweler here.

What I need is a 3 prong white gold 18k setting. The stones on the sides will be about .25 so I guess middle .5. The side stones are keepsake diamond earrings my mother gave to me to give to my wife. They've been in the safety box now for few years, just been lazy and prices totally off-putting.

Also, anyone know how I might have diamonds matched for quality so as to buy the middle stone? Is it really necessary? Just keepsake diamond, no certificates.

Lots of gems in Thailand but diamonds don't come out of the ground here. Well, nothing does anyone but haha you get it.

Any ideas appreciated. Even the discount diamond, jewelry sites just stupid prices even in this poor economy.

Thank you

Edited by Number 6

On the same subject...  I would like to buy my wife a gold necklace and, as a farang, I am looking for 18K.  All of the (few) local shops I have looked at sell 24K only.  In the west we see that as being too soft for daily wear.  We have 14K as standard and 18K as a bit special.  What I buy for her is not an investment in gold, it will be for wearing.  Any comments about reliable shops in Thailand or perhaps reliable mail order outlets would be gratefully received.  Thanks in advance.

(Please excuse me for inviting myself onto your post Number 6)