LED headlight bulbs

superal

Is it possible to replace halogen bulbs with LED bulbs in a simple swap over ? I took my partners 2 year old Mitsubishi Attrage to the local dealer to ask the question and after a drawn out conversation , prolonged because of communication problems (  my Thai speaking is poor )  the answer was  the swap is not possible , however there was a suggestion that i visit a motor accessory shop .  I am curious why the bulb upgrade is not possible as I told the dealer that the new Attrage was the same car but only had some uplifts / updates . I have researched the web but remain confused . Have a friend who did the swap on his 10 year old Pajero . Anyone who can throw some light on this ?  Sorry about the pun 

BTW the dealer said there had been quite a few customers who were disappointed with the Attrage headlights , hence the upgrade for the new edition .

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Depends if there is space as many of these replacements have cooling stuff on the back. These people have a lot of info, I have watched many of their videos..

https://headlightrevolution.com/

Many thanks for your reply Transam .  Have you used this company , are they USA based ? Surprised and disappointed that a similar service seems to be unavailable within Thailand .  am going to try and take a look at the new Attrage headlight setup . If the wiring loom remains the same and the headlight housing also , then an exchange would be simple but TIT . Keep you updated , many thanks again .

1 minute ago, superal said:

Many thanks for your reply Transam .  Have you used this company , are they USA based ? Surprised and disappointed that a similar service seems to be unavailable within Thailand .  am going to try and take a look at the new Attrage headlight setup . If the wiring loom remains the same and the headlight housing also , then an exchange would be simple but TIT . Keep you updated , many thanks again .

No I haven't, but when you watch there vids explaining stuff, you will be enlightened. For instance, some LEDs are not good in some applications, manly because the reflector is designed for halogen. They also know which brand of LED works best in a particular ride. They are USA based.

• Thanks 1

I was in my local car accessory place the other day and noticed they were fitting LED to 2 lumps that where there. We had a talk about same and they said that they can get LED for most makes/models. So Suggest you try another shop.

Just noticed that you said that you were in your local dealer. I have found that my one doesn't even supply things like wiper blades for my Lump so that's more than likely why they wouldn't do the bulbs.

N/B TA your post on H/R wouldn't let me look at it just came up blocked??? I had a look at all their bulbs and they had the same fitments as a standard bulb. So no problem fitting them in a strait swap.

Edited by fredob43
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

I have added to my other post. You shouldn't have heat problems as the LED run cooler than a standard bulb. You could look at fitting Xenon bulbs but they do have some draw backs as they take some time to heat up and there's always a slight delay before they get to max light. (Also a lot more aggro fitting them as they need boosters.) They also don't come in dip and head on 1 bulb so only any good if you have twin head lights.     

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I was in my local car accessory place the other day and noticed they were fitting LED to 2 lumps that where there. We had a talk about same and they said that they can get LED for most makes/models. So Suggest you try another shop.

Just noticed that you said that you were in your local dealer. I have found that my one doesn't even supply things like wiper blades for my Lump so that's more than likely why they wouldn't do the bulbs.

N/B TA your post on H/R wouldn't let me look at it just came up blocked??? I had a look at all their bulbs and they had the same fitments as a standard bulb. So no problem fitting them in a strait swap.

They ALL have the original bulb fitment, it is what is in front AND behind that is different......????

Read my post again, plus the company explains EVERYTHING about a brand of LED and how it performs in a particular lens...Do your homework on the link I gave, if I can read it, you can read it...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

They ALL have the original bulb fitment, it is what is in front AND behind that is different......????

Read my post again, plus the company explains EVERYTHING about a brand of LED and how it performs in a particular lens...Do your homework on the link I gave, if I can read it, you can read it...

I still cant get your post. So am left with what they do here.

Both the cars (Not the same makes) seem to have no problem with fitting the existing fitments/connectors to the new LED bulbs. They had nothing behind as you say, they just plugged in. Only saw one half finished and the light they had done looked great, and a Vast improvement on what was before.

I did have my lights changed to Xenon bulbs on the last Tuna I had, so I do happen to know first hand what's done and how they work.

I do take note of what they do here, so don't have to look at some Yank advertising post. Thanks anyway.

Have just tried to get you post again and it just come up they declined to show their site. Not that I'm to bothered anyway.  

Edited by fredob43

20 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I have added to my other post. You shouldn't have heat problems as the LED run cooler than a standard bulb. You could look at fitting Xenon bulbs but they do have some draw backs as they take some time to heat up and there's always a slight delay before they get to max light. (Also a lot more aggro fitting them as they need boosters.) They also don't come in dip and head on 1 bulb so only any good if you have twin head lights.     

Have single bulb so LED seems the answer . Do you have any info on who supplied your bulbs e.g. phone number cos a chat with them might give some useful info . Thanks for your input 

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Fitted these ones  to my lump, massive improvement.

So a straight forward swap over with your old halogen H4 bulbs ?  This is the fix I am looking for . I noticed you went tor the 50 watt as opposed to the cheaper 25 watt . Did you order online ? if so what was the delivery time ? 

Thanks for your input

3 hours ago, superal said:

Have single bulb so LED seems the answer . Do you have any info on who supplied your bulbs e.g. phone number cos a chat with them might give some useful info . Thanks for your input 

Sorry I don't know what head lights you have, but assuming they are single you will have to go the LED route. My new Tuna came with LED from new (and they are very good) I had the bulb's changed to Xeons on my last Tuna that had twin heads.

You don't say where you are, but you must have a decent extras shop near you they can advise. The ones I saw fitted were Philips, I think made in south Korea? Cost around 3.500bht a set if I remember correctly. I can double check but not today as they aren't open. 

You might like to Google car extra place near the town you live they should come up with some suggestions. They if they are any good will put one in to start with so you can tell the difference.

If you want me to confirm the things above just ask and I'll pop in shop tomorrow to check.

Best of luck.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

This post is about advertising their product. Ok it might be of interest but we are in Thailand so things are a tad different here.

As Don Mega has stated he put in Lazada ones and they are a vast improvement. Suggest you get out a bit more and see what's going on at your local fitting place. Like I have. Happy Christmas. 

22 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

This post is about advertising their product. Ok it might be of interest but we are in Thailand so things are a tad different here.

As Don Mega has stated he put in Lazada ones and they are a vast improvement. Suggest you get out a bit more and see what's going on at your local fitting place. Like I have. Happy Christmas. 

They sell many products, not their own, they work out which product works best in a particular assembly.

Now Freddy, try watching and listening to their findings, not what your local bloke wants to sell you.....????

7 minutes ago, transam said:

They sell many products, not their own, they work out which product works best in a particular assembly.

Now Freddy, try watching and listening to their findings, not what your local bloke wants to sell you.....????

If you had read my post you would have seen I did state they will supply the correct bulbs for your Model.

Weather they supply other peoples bulbs or not, they are still advertising their product. Oh and I have seen their site before it's on You tube. 

6 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

If you had read my post you would have seen I did state they will supply the correct bulbs for your Model.

Weather they supply other peoples bulbs or not, they are still advertising their product. Oh and I have seen their site before it's on You tube. 

Whether.........

42 minutes ago, transam said:

Whether.........

So I spelt a thing wrong. You have to get a life TA. There is a life out there other than the internet.

While I'm at it your site is a Yank site they have lots of Bulbs to select from. This if you had been out you would have noticed is Thailand. We don't get the selection they get. But we can still get things that are good enough for an improvement. Even if only 90% better. And for a few K BHT if it improves you night vision things will be fine. 

Off now as I have had enough of your dribble, I'm off to take the G.L out for lunch. That's once I have turned off my international TV set up. Oh that's also available here you know and for free.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

We have a few of those places nearby.

I have seen the product packaging.

种尺寸适合所有人 - LED car bulb can fit all model last long time.

41 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

So I spelt a thing wrong. You have to get a life TA. There is a life out there other than the internet.

While I'm at it your site is a Yank site they have lots of Bulbs to select from. This if you had been out you would have noticed is Thailand. We don't get the selection they get. But we can still get things that are good enough for an improvement. Even if only 90% better. And for a few K BHT if it improves you night vision things will be fine. 

Off now as I have had enough of your dribble, I'm off to take the G.L out for lunch. That's once I have turned off my international TV set up. Oh that's also available here you know and for free.

You are off to Toyota for brunch then....????

6 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Bad spellers of the world should UNTIE.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Positioning of the LED substrate within the lens assembly is probably the most important factor when considering replacements.

Cross reference charts are readily available.

On 12/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, fredob43 said:

I went to upgrade my head lights last week,2009 ford ranger.Single headlights.

The garage owner advised me to get xenon instead of led.

Price was nearly the same and i followed his advise and got the xenon fitted.

There was lots of room for the boosters and it all went in pretty fast,about ten minutes.

The difference is amazing,the old light was more of a yellow but this new one is nearly white and very bright.So i do have low and highbeam in one bulb.

I have not noticed they need to warm up,turn them on and lots of light!!!

I do not know the exact type because i did not take the box,price was 2700 baht.

• Thanks 2