Two new airlines set to take off next year

webfact

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

A good percentage of the seats on any given flight are freebies given to army, police, and government officials. They will never be competitive, until they take control away from the government and privatize the airline.

Well, you did get that correct but you left out all of their relatives, monks and too many freeloaders of Do You Know Who I am or connected to? And you are correct, they need to drain their swamp and let it go private to be successful. But I do disagree with you in them letting another 2 airlines into the recipe, and which one is Chinese.

Foreign pilots in China make some bones ... knew four of them 

that played golf with local Expat society... from a couple of articles.

Expatriate pilots flying Boeing Co.’s most popular plane for Chinese airlines used to be able to take their pick from dozens of jobs paying $300,000 plus perks thanks to a shortage of experienced aviators there. The grounding of the 737 Max has changed that.

Low-cost carrier China United Airlines, a unit of China Eastern, is still in the market for pilots, offering $288,000 a year to 737 captains on three-year contracts, according to Wasinc’s website. But that’s the site’s first ad for 737 pilots in China since July. The package includes a monthly education allowance of $1,000 for children in Chinese schools.

10 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Sounds totally idiotic to allow yet another competitor into Thailand at a time when Thai Airways is on the chopping block. And this government wants to be accepted as legitimate and worthy?

Look at who the investors are - I don't  suppose saying no is an option!