VISA exempt entry / Retirement

Hello

I will be entering Thailand in the future on a VISA exempt AU entry. I was previously married in Thailand and have a history of extensions and no overstay. I will be doing my retirement VISA with my agent. My question is will the IMO at airport make any issues with no return ticket. Due to the circumstances it would be throwing away money. I have Thai bank accounts and license address etc.

You will most likely need onward flight to satisfy airline. I recently flew X Melb to Saigon. As I have visa for Vietnam I do not require an onward flight. However my Vietnam visa had only 5 days left. The airline made me produce onward flight with only short validity remaining. Tomorrow I fly Hanoi to bkk. I have reentry permit (on extensions). The airline will look for my reentry permit or visa. No have I would need show them onward flight ticket.

You could buy throw away ticket.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

It can be the airline wanting a ticket out of the country within 30 days. Immigration seldom asks for one.

It can be a low cost one way ticket to any nearby country from any airport here. It does not have to be a return ticket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

You will most likely need onward flight to satisfy airline. I recently flew X Melb to Saigon. As I have visa for Vietnam I do not require an onward flight. However my Vietnam visa had only 5 days left. The airline made me produce onward flight with only short validity remaining. Tomorrow I fly Hanoi to bkk. I have reentry permit (on extensions). The airline will look for my reentry permit or visa. No have I would need show them onward flight ticket.

Yeah the y quized me at Thai jetstar to Manila. No onward. I argued I will extend she picked up phone and then let me through. But the Philippines a lot more easier

Edited by tomauasia

10 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Yeah the y quized me at Thai jetstar to Manila. No onward. I argued I will extend she picked up phone and then let me through. But the Philippines a lot more easier

The good news is that if a flight onward is insisted upon then you can book online instantly and screenshot will satisfy airline. BTW if down the track you decide to say spend weekend in Saigon (example) perhaps to obtain another VE back into Thailand,  you will require an onward flight.

• Like 1

Three options:

1. Buy the cheapest one-way ticket abroad possible (e.g. HuaHin to KL with AirAsia for approx 850 THB).

> You could look up the details beforehand so that you have it at hand and only actually book it, in case your inward-flight airline and thai immigration ask for it.

2. Book a fully refundable one-way ticket from Expedia, that can be cancelled at no cost once you arrived in Thailand.

> That would be a good solution when your airline or immigration would insist on a return-flight ticket to your home-country.

3. Book a rental-ticket (see > fly onward on Google) that is valid 24 or 36 hours from moment of purchase, will cost approx 10 US $.  Ticket is automatically cancelled after 24/36 hours.

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Three options:

1. Buy the cheapest one-way ticket abroad possible (e.g. HuaHin to KL with AirAsia for approx 850 THB).

> You could look up the details beforehand so that you have it at hand and only actually book it, in case your inward-flight airline and thai immigration ask for it.

2. Book a fully refundable one-way ticket from Expedia, that can be cancelled at no cost once you arrived in Thailand.

> That would be a good solution when your airline or immigration would insist on a return-flight ticket to your home-country.

3. Book a rental-ticket (see > fly onward on Google) that is valid 24 or 36 hours from moment of purchase, will cost approx 10 US $.  Ticket is automatically cancelled after 24/36 hours.

Excellent information champion 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes it's all changed for Thailand ticket a must