Cashing In My Coins

kingstonkid

Any cash banking transaction can be done at any time, there's no such thing as a best time especially as you haven't specified a branch.  

Phone their call centre to find out if they charge for "cashing in coin", does that mean changing coins for notes or paying in coins to your account?  Either way there's not likely to be a charge if you're a Kasikorn customer.

if this is simply thai money as you were to lazy to use it for payment before, then any 7 will be glad to take it for any purchase too. Use it to stock up your bankaccount is also always free, but as a non-cust, trying to change it into banknotes may be refused here and there by a bank. They may require you to put it yourself in special bags that hold like 50 or 100 of it. But most have fast machines for that.

If you were unclear, like so many halfdrunk brits about that money; foreign coins are sometimes taken by Superrich for a much lesser rate and only coins of fairly high value as such.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

If you are a customer of KBank and have already counted and "rolled" them then it's free.

If they have to count it it's 3%, Not sure what it costs if you're not a customer.

The best time to go is when there is no one in line.

I assume you are changing Thai coins for Thai paper

Edited by WayWokeWhiteGuy
added text

When I left the UK, some supermarkets had machines that you could simply pour in a bucket of coins and they spat out notes and the odd change in coins to the value of what you poured in. It saved the supermarket incurring costs at the bank for change or security on coin deliveries. Simple enough idea.

Did this not spread out from the UK? Any Brits remember those machines? Are they still there?

1 minute ago, Traubert said:

When I left the UK, some supermarkets had machines that you could simply pour in a bucket of coins and they spat out notes and the odd change in coins to the value of what you poured in. It saved the supermarket incurring costs at the bank for change or security on coin deliveries. Simple enough idea.

Did this not spread out from the UK? Any Brits remember those machines? Are they still there?

I remember them in Tesco. But they took 15% commission 

On 12/24/2019 at 6:41 AM, asanee said:

any 7 will be glad to take it for any purchase

They will also take any amount of change and xfer to your bank account.

About 6 months ago I had 5-6kg of thai coins. I asked at the closest 7 if they could give me notes for them and was told they can accept the coins and promptpay the value to me as long as I had pre-sorted them into groups of 100 baht.

1 hour of counting and 28 plastic bags later, my partner had 2800 thb transferred into his account. YMMV so I would suggest you have a Thai starts the discussion.

Thanks everyone for the info 

I took them to KBank in plastic bags of 100 each the bank looked at me and then they decided to believe me on the numbers and accepted them and deposited into my account.  No charge and fairly quickly

As to 7/11 they used to take coins but around my area do not anymore seems they were getting ripped off

• Haha 1