Jump to content

Thai police unveil the answer to the New Year carnage: The Dummy Car


webfact

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, featography said:

13 yrs here, I have never seen a red police car. 
White, brown, black but never a red one. If Im correct and there are no real red cars, then this will only alert traffic that there is another ''sign'' to ignore. 

 

Really?13 years and you have never seen a red police car?You need to get your eyes checked.!

https://pikdo.biz/p/thailand_police_vehicles/2066150720680615255_11404867642

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing Thailand only tickets I have ever see them write are parking tickets. Thai drivers pass police cars that have there code bar flashing never yielding the right away truly amazing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hook said:

Amazing Thailand only tickets I have ever see them write are parking tickets.

Have had many arrive in the mail, none were hand written though.

 

Not sure they bother as I just toss em in the trash.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, featography said:

13 yrs here, I have never seen a red police car. 
White, brown, black but never a red one. If Im correct and there are no real red cars, then this will only alert traffic that there is another ''sign'' to ignore. 

 

they are more like a crimson colour...

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Have had many arrive in the mail, none were hand written though.

 

Not sure they bother as I just toss em in the trash.

I seen write them out and stick them under the window wiper, seen them boot a few cars but that normally takes six or more of them for that task. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I see them daily on the  7 motorway pulling over pickups loaded with people in the back.

Easy pickings + the more on board, the bigger the whip-round to pay the 'fine'.  The real police work should be done in towns/cities where the casualties are highest.  Chonburi AKA Pattaya has Thailand's 2nd worse figures whilst Pattaya Plod organises mass stick-ups on the busiest roads ignoring red-light runners/drunks/speedsters in favour of revenue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2019 at 9:02 AM, cnx355 said:

What about using real patrol cars that can intercept faulty drivers on the road. 

 

Road blocks do not stop bad driving !

 

They have to modify traffic laws too,  so a faulty driver or uninsured car can be towed away at the owners expense

This will require police officers who have a mechanical knowledge, not to mention no persuasion towards corruption. 

 

A hard ask....

 

Its nigh impossible to find a BIB that actually knows what the job description actually means....

 

Law enforcement officers. 

I don't think so. 

Unless they can make a few baht out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Actually came across a dummy cop setting up one of these dummy cars, he was parked up on the outside lane of a three lane highway causing cars to swerve to avoid him.

 

There's a certain inevitability about that. Odd how many Thais resent being called stupid.

 

It's like being a really good architect and then resenting being called an architect.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We can all moan and complain constantly but at some point you have to realise that nothing will ever change here, death on the roads is accepted, the police do not know how to deal with the law breakers, every day I see red light jumpers, non crash helmet wearers, , speeders wrong way driving the list goes on, the police are not interested other than playing on there phones, look after number 1 here no one is interested about road safety!!  

Note..if you should have an accident Thai people will be at your side instantly and help you, when I had my bad accident at a u turn(the road was seemingly deserted) within seconds Thai's and police were there, they were great!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep having this vision of one car in front where the driver actually reacts on seeing the dummy car, hits the brakes and ends up with about 7 or 8  cars tai-ending each other behind him. Every one of them complaing that the car in front stopped too fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On my last trip to Thailand we drove down to Hua Hin.  Somewhere past the Phetchaburi border I noticed some Policemen waiting on the side roads to the left.  And then I realised they were on every single road and entry points.  This continued all the way down to the Palace.  There must have been over 200 police involved - I started counting after a while and got to 100 and stopped. The wife said one of the Royal family was probably going to come down the road later that day - and they would shut down all entry points when they leave Bangkok.  I then asked what do they all do for the rest of the month, year, decade - because we never see more than the occasional 1 or 2 when we were out and about - and we were out and about in the car a lot.  She smiled - no comment.   

 

If the work to put these dummy cars in place is done by the polcie, this would be the most they have ever contributed to attempting to police the drivers of Thailand and make the rodas safer.  These were first used in Japan many years ago and they worked - worth a try IMO - at least it is doing something.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

On my last trip to Thailand we drove down to Hua Hin.  Somewhere past the Phetchaburi border I noticed some Policemen waiting on the side roads to the left.  And then I realised they were on every single road and entry points.  This continued all the way down to the Palace.  There must have been over 200 police involved - I started counting after a while and got to 100 and stopped. The wife said one of the Royal family was probably going to come down the road later that day - and they would shut down all entry points when they leave Bangkok.  I then asked what do they all do for the rest of the month, year, decade - because we never see more than the occasional 1 or 2 when we were out and about - and we were out and about in the car a lot.  She smiled - no comment.   

 

If the work to put these dummy cars in place is done by the polcie, this would be the most they have ever contributed to attempting to police the drivers of Thailand and make the rodas safer.  These were first used in Japan many years ago and they worked - worth a try IMO - at least it is doing something.

 

It's just another exercise to make people think the powers to be care which of course they don't, it's no different to the big signs that say "100% motorbike helmet wear" with a nice picture of 2 people smiling, the cardboard car will also be ignored and I'm betting will be destroyed by speeding drunken drivers within a week or simply set alight or stolen!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...