McConnell says Senate Republicans have not ruled out witnesses in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

4 minutes ago, candide said:

Who are "they", and who are these Ukrainians? 

Ukrainians 

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-inquiry-11-04-2019/h_90e6c3cf8e464646bf5bed7490ee886e

Even Prez Z said he didn't like Yovanovich. Seems  to me she wasn't serving at the Presidents agenda,good reason to locate her somewhere else

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

Ukrainians 

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-inquiry-11-04-2019/h_90e6c3cf8e464646bf5bed7490ee886e

Even Prez Z said he didn't like Yovanovich. Seems  to me she wasn't serving at the Presidents agenda,good reason to locate her somewhere else

So you don't want to answer and deflect.

Could it be that "they" were Giuliani and his accomplices?

Could it be that this Ukrainian was the corrupt Shokin, whom the US, EU and IMF, the Ukrainian Parliament, etc... wanted to get fired? The same about whom the US ambassador in 2015 complained he was not prosecuting Burisma's owner? And you claim he's been refused a visa because of political bias at the embassy! Lol!

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

If he wanted the bidens investigated all he had to do was ask the state dept, doj or fbi. But he did it the wrong way.

Yes, clearly there is no reason for him to not have full faith the the dedicated civil servants that support he and his administration so overwhelmingly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, clearly there is no reason for him to not have full faith the the dedicated civil servants that support he and his administration so overwhelmingly. 

So the reason why Trump used a crooked way to promote his fav. conspiracy theories, is .... a conspiracy theory! ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, candide said:

So you don't want to answer and deflect.

Could it be that "they" were Giuliani and his accomplices?

Could it be that this Ukrainian was the corrupt Shokin, whom the US, EU and IMF, the Ukrainian Parliament, etc... wanted to get fired? The same about whom the US ambassador in 2015 complained he was not prosecuting Burisma's owner? And you claim he's been refused a visa because of political bias at the embassy! Lol!

Why would I deflect you.! Your the one who jumped in to my comment to someone else. Besides no deflection, your answer was in the link I provided. End  of my opinion with you

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Why would I deflect you.! Your the one who jumped in to my comment to someone else. Besides no deflection, your answer was in the link I provided. End  of my opinion with you

Ooops! Sorry, I did not read the link so my post was redundant.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

They tried bringing in a couple of Ukrainians to the USA to present documents  showing facts of corruption but these two particular ones were stymied by Yovanovitch and weren't issued visa's ! It's been widely reported along with all the corruption that was going on before Mr. Trump! IMOP It's no wonder the POTUS side stepped those channels !

Yeah, two dodgy people known to be corrupt. But giuliani says they evidence. Ever heard of skype? Ever heard of pen and paper?

widely reported. ????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, riclag said:

Maybe and maybe not. It's been reported by other people ! Anyway maybe Nancy will move this on as a result of his retweet. Everybody dying to know what political ties he or she has IMOP

You mean Eric Charmella? From Catholics In Action, as part of  the POTUS daily security breifing.  

9 hours ago, candide said:

The House committees applied the rules voted by the Republicans in 2015, in order to make it easier to investigate the WH. They should blame themselves.

As stated by Sujo, all witnesses who could possibly have witnessed something related to the QPQ have been accepted, except the whistleblower who wanted to remain anonymous (but agreed to accept written questions).

The QPQ-related events happened between around March/April 2019 to September 2019. This clearly qualifies Yovanovitch as a legitimate witness, and excludes Biden and others.

As far as I understand the Republican rationale, the idea was that Biden's testimony would have provided some kind of mitigating circumstances to explain Trump's behaviour. It's not in the scope an investigation to search for mitigating circumstances, i.e. to find out if the suspect has been beaten when he was a child.

The Republican complaints are again a good example of their obvious hypocrisy:

- complain about rules they have themselves voted

- try to storm into a room in which they were already present

- complain about not being allowed to call witnesses, while the only ones they called were (1) non-witnesses such as Biden or Chalupa, (2) the whitlerblower who wanted to remain anonymous. Oh, I forgot, as they were aware it did not look good, (3) they added a few true witnesses who had been already called by the Dems (so that they were unlikely to cause any additional damage).

9 hours ago, candide said:

The House committees applied the rules voted by the Republicans in 2015, in order to make it easier to investigate the WH. They should blame themselves.

As stated by Sujo, all witnesses who could possibly have witnessed something related to the QPQ have been accepted, except the whistleblower who wanted to remain anonymous (but agreed to accept written questions).

The QPQ-related events happened between around March/April 2019 to September 2019. This clearly qualifies Yovanovitch as a legitimate witness, and excludes Biden and others.

As far as I understand the Republican rationale, the idea was that Biden's testimony would have provided some kind of mitigating circumstances to explain Trump's behaviour. It's not in the scope an investigation to search for mitigating circumstances, i.e. to find out if the suspect has been beaten when he was a child.

The Republican complaints are again a good example of their obvious hypocrisy:

- complain about rules they have themselves voted

- try to storm into a room in which they were already present

- complain about not being allowed to call witnesses, while the only ones they called were (1) non-witnesses such as Biden or Chalupa, (2) the whitlerblower who wanted to remain anonymous. Oh, I forgot, as they were aware it did not look good, (3) they added a few true witnesses who had been already called by the Dems (so that they were unlikely to cause any additional damage).

Have you listened to the "Gaslight Nation" interview of Chalupa?

She's being interview by her sister.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:30 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Getting on with their job of making Americans richer, safer and happier. Something they have made a great job doing, regardless of the immature distractions.

Now, it looks like Trump's gone:

Rat in a drain ditch, caught on a limb, you know

better but I know him

Like I told you, what I said, steal your face right off

your head

Now he's gone, now he's gone, Lord he's gone

he's gone

Like a steam locomotive, rolling down the track

He's gone, he's gone and nothin's gonna bring him

back, he's gone

Grateful Dead He's Gone