Pattaya: "Boss" asks to let him die - then attacks locals with a knife

webfact

Yah Ba... "drug crazy" . Seems to sum it up. It cause acute psychosis,and often users extremely danerous! The drug is becoming more popular all over the world because it can be made anywhere with basic ingrediants (except ephedrine- they always find some)

10 minutes ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

Yah Ba... "drug crazy" . Seems to sum it up. It cause acute psychosis,and often users extremely danerous! The drug is becoming more popular all over the world because it can be made anywhere with basic ingrediants (except ephedrine- they always find some)

I would say your overreacting a bit on how bad it is. It is true that some people react like this idiot. However given the huge amounts of pills millions and millions that are consumed the amount of incidents is actually quite low. Kinda like how some people totally lose it on alcohol and others dont.

I mean we read about it but lets say its a 10 per day that react badly (i read far less). But the catch million and million of pills so just imagine how many are not caught and are used. So 1000's of pills a day are consumed.

So for it to cause acute psychosis is a bit of an overstatement. It might happen but certainly not on the majority of users. 

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Yabba is such a problem in this Country. It's sad to see, was very prevalent in Laos when I was there as well. The amount of drug abuse is staggering to see and how "normal" It comes across to many living here. Many of these people need rehab and coping mechanisms and are simply discarded by the wayside. very unfortunate. 

well said and sensibly too. Folks who take drugs like this serious mind bending stuff aren't crazy or nutters they are sick, and as you say need help.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

well said and sensibly too. Folks who take drugs like this serious mind bending stuff aren't crazy or nutters they are sick, and as you say need help.

And if no help, they will become crazy nutters, if not already.

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I would say your overreacting a bit on how bad it is. It is true that some people react like this idiot. However given the huge amounts of pills millions and millions that are consumed the amount of incidents is actually quite low. Kinda like how some people totally lose it on alcohol and others dont.

I mean we read about it but lets say its a 10 per day that react badly (i read far less). But the catch million and million of pills so just imagine how many are not caught and are used. So 1000's of pills a day are consumed.

So for it to cause acute psychosis is a bit of an overstatement. It might happen but certainly not on the majority of users. 

The problem is once you have swallowed the pill you are stuck with it.

So even if you are a one of the ten per day then that means people are going mental with this stuff. Its OK if one of those ten is nowhere near you or your family but what if its the guy next door?

They should legalise and control cannabis. Good grief they can even make tax from it.

That way these guys can get high (because they are going to anyway) and they are not taking a drug which causes them to go nuts. 

Sorry I misread 10 per day. Now rectified. 

Edited by Rookiescot

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

The problem is once you have swallowed the pill you are stuck with it.

So even if you are a one of the ten per day then that means people are going mental with this stuff. Its OK if one of those ten is nowhere near you or your family but what if its the guy next door?

They should legalise and control cannabis. Good grief they can even make tax from it.

That way these guys can get high (because they are going to anyway) and they are not taking a drug which causes them to go nuts. 

Sorry I misread 10 per day. Now rectified. 

I am not saying these pils are great, they are not. But people are over reacting about the dangers. I mean the one in 10 is far too high i would say 1 in a 1000 or less. Similar to people who go totally nuts on alcohol. 

My point was more that given how much of this stuff is used and consumed and how few times this gets in the news. That means that most users tolerate the stuff quite well. Just like alcohol. Both are hard drugs.

Anyway I am all for legalizing cannabis far better then alcohol and this drug. But legalizing cannabis wont make people use less alcohol or less of this stuff. The effect is totally different so people wont use it instead of.

Anyway I am just someone who knows a lot of drugs and has used enough drugs in the past alcohol included. In general the majority of people has no problems with the drugs. Just a few end up as addicts just like you got alcoholics not everyone who drinks alcohol will become an alcoholic or nuisance.

I prefer cannabis myself (if it were legal) the only downside of it is that it screws with my diet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

Anyway I am all for legalizing cannabis far better then alcohol and this drug. But legalizing cannabis wont make people use less alcohol or less of this stuff. The effect is totally different so people wont use it instead of.

My impression is different.

Since the "war of drugs" in 2004, i think cannabis use has decreased among the working classes, while the use of the crazy stuff has increased, resulting in more cases of anti-social behaviour.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

My impression is different.

Since the "war of drugs" in 2004, i think cannabis use has decreased among the working classes, while the use of the crazy stuff has increased, resulting in more cases of anti-social behaviour.

I would hope your right but you do understand that the high is totally different ? I mean there is a reason for people using different kind of drugs. The crazy stuff is far more energetic while cannabis is far more relaxing / downer. For people clubbing and so on the crazy stuff is far more attractive as it keeps you awake.

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I would hope your right but you do understand that the high is totally different ? I mean there is a reason for people using different kind of drugs. The crazy stuff is far more energetic while cannabis is far more relaxing / downer. For people clubbing and so on the crazy stuff is far more attractive as it keeps you awake.

Sure, and i'm not saying that you're wrong, but i was just guessing that some 15 years ago there was more pot around and less pills.

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Sure, and i'm not saying that you're wrong, but i was just guessing that some 15 years ago there was more pot around and less pills.

I think your right about usage and i also think (and know) that cannabis is a far better drug (not that much anti social behavior on it). The worst that would happen is that someone assaults a pizza. Though of course I would not want anyone on cannabis driving a car (same as I dont like anyone under the influence of alcohol or yabaa driving a car). 

But yes it would be a good thing if cannabis replaced this stuff. I just don't think it will happen as the highs are different. But we can hope that this is the case and for some users it probably would.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Though of course I would not want anyone on cannabis driving a car (same as I dont like anyone under the influence of alcohol or yabaa driving a car). 

In theory i would also be in favour of legalisation, but i'm not sure if i would be happy to board a flight knowing that the pilot, or the guys doing the maintenance, are high on drugs.

8 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

In theory i would also be in favour of legalisation, but i'm not sure if i would be happy to board a flight knowing that the pilot, or the guys doing the maintenance, are high on drugs.

Then again they do checks on alcohol and in my country also on normal drugs like cannabis so it just an extra check. I don't think its a huge problem and can be sorted out with some checks.