Keep the calls coming: "Big Oud" reports on the latest arrests of foreigners

webfact

10pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang was on hand with a bunch of vinyl signs yesterday to announce the latest arrests of illegal foreigners including a US woman teaching without a work permit.

Apart from the five cases he also had time to report on some Cambodian monks who had been illegally collecting alms in the north east. 

The chief urged the public to keep calling the 1178 report line - it's open 24 hours, he said.

Here are the five cases presented at Suan Phlu HQ yesterday. 

1. Yang, 44, from South Korea was arrested in a condo in Mae Sot, Tak, in Thailand's north west. He was on overstay of 322 days.

2. Noh, 39, from South Korea was arrested in the car park of Tak immigration. He had been found to have left Thailand on November 8th but come back without a stamp in his passport.

3. Beng, 40, also from South Korea, was found to be in possession of a fake passport in Mae Sot. He had stuck his picture in someone else's. 

4. Sai Yee, 55, from Myanmar, was caught with a fake passport at the northern border checkpoint of Mae Sai.

5. A 47 year old US woman called Patricia was arrested near a language institute in Saraphee, Chiang Mai and booked for teaching without a work permit. (This story was earlier reported in detail by Thaivisa).

The chief also said that two Cambodian nationals had been arrested in monk's clothing in Petchabun. The monks had sneaked over via a natural land border in Aranyaprathet and had no passports. 

They had then gone on an alms gathering tour to Petchabun via Nakhon Ratchasima staying in temples along the way. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-24
  • Sad 3

first time I have seen or heard of anyone getting busted in Mae Sot for anything like this. They tend to leave the farang alone as they assume most are NGO workers. Never seen or heard of anyone even being approached by an immigration officer or police officer anywhere in this city and I have spoken to people who have lived here 25+ years. 

They tend to chase and search the Burmese migrants far more than the white folk here

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, dcnx said:

I’m going to call and report all of my annoying neighbors. Not sure if they are doing anything wrong or not but it will 1) give immigration a boner thinking they will get someone, 2) irritate my neighbors who are real tossers.

sounds like you would have fitted in well in the Stalin era

2 hours ago, thisisrascal said:

Certainly sounds like he's fitting in well in modern day Thailand if that sentence in the article is anything to go by. 

Yes. I’m tracking your IP for reporting now. I hope your papers are in order.

South Koreans are lucky enough to be given 3 months visa-free stay and they still overstay....?

Thailand should have given them only one month visa-free instead like what Thailand gives to most countries in the world.

Edited by EricTh

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Might want to go a bit easy on the South Koreans, thousands of Thais are illegally staying and working in S.Korea, now being offered amnesty, that could easily change and they all get automatic deportations back here.

With no work that might not go down too well!

• Like 1

2. Noh, 39, from South Korea was arrested in the car park of Tak immigration. He had been found to have left Thailand on November 8th but come back without a stamp in his passport.

Arrested in the parking lot of the immigration Tak office where she went to ask for a stamp because he realized that he had not received it on the passport at the airport :clap2:

Edited by ICELANDMAN