Back in England after 12 years and working in Germany

12 minutes ago, jimballard said:

A lot more dirt and litter. The place looks a complete <deleted>hole. In little sidestreets there is rubbish piled up and bits of old furniture not been removed by the council.

A lot of young arabic/pakistani looking guys jumping into expensive German cars. What is going on there?

Strong smell of weed when you are walking around

NO police. Hardly saw a single copper.

Rubbish, I lived there and go back every year however I  lived in Bournville  not  Handsworth or where ever you ended  up

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

"that town is like one big refugee camp"...…. yes, its not your mother's version of England anymore is it? Gives you a good understanding of what Thailand and the Thai people went thru with the huge influx of westerners, Aussies, etc over the years. 

How many foreigners are there in Thailand? I found a figure of about 2.5 million or less than 4 percent. Most come from poorer neighbouring countries or China anyway. Some Western countries may have 10 percent or more and these people have access to welfare and low paying jobs too. Not comparable.

• Like 1
On 12/25/2019 at 1:12 AM, metempsychotic said:

Im unclear as to how you can be so staunchly pro brexit, yet have no issues in procuring a passport which allows you to work in the eu.

You see no hypocrisy there?

It’s not hypocritical.

I’m against free college tuition, and I’m hoppy to put my boy through in a few years. But it the **** makes it “free” and starts taxing me to put other people’s kid’s through I’ll be go to h*ll if I insist on paying for my kid. 

That’s not being a hypocrite. A hypocrite is someone that pretends to be all about democracy until they lose the vote and then run to the courts.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:26 PM, Emeraldisle said:

I worked in UK when I was young. English people treated Irish like <deleted>. Now you all want Irish passports. We don't need you as Irish citizens 

I'd sooner be Iraqi thanks and he had an Irish grandfather. So you got the mick taken out of you and stick your finger up to the place that gave you a life as it has countless Irish that get on really well there. Pfft! Get a life and take that boorish anti tripe elsewhere.

To be fair, op, Brum has always been a hole. If you travel around you'll see the place is generally a lot cleaner. It is just too busy though and the driving and parking suck.

/ fair play, btw, hope it all works out.//

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1
On 12/25/2019 at 5:32 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Good report and credit to you for having the motivation to go back and earn money, good luck

Good luck also, I think you need some.. 

This is a great warning to all the other men, who dream about life in Thailand.. 

Make sure that you have very ample funds before you move here.

For most of us, it is almost impossible to find work in our 60s,so you need to create long term passive income. 

Why are so many men so desperate that they need to get married, once they come to  Thailand? 

There are plenty of lovely ladies available for friendship or fun.

Wake up guys, you may have another 30yrs beyond 60,so prepare for that. 

No where is any good without money and good health. 

On 12/25/2019 at 4:26 AM, Emeraldisle said:

I worked in UK when I was young. English people treated Irish like <deleted>. Now you all want Irish passports. We don't need you as Irish citizens 

In addition to other replies to your post, the Irish had full voting rights in UK elections, but maybe you chose not to vote. You were happy to take the money though.

3E99422C-6954-4F2A-B466-6864583DB803.jpeg

Edited by silver sea
  • Like 1
On 12/25/2019 at 4:45 AM, yogi100 said:

Pure claptrap. I'm part Irish and my Irish relatives were afforded all the benefits an English person was. And got good money doing it.

So were all the Irish people in London we knew. They all got council housing if needed, pensions, child allowance, dole, sickness benefit and all the trimmings. They integrated, pulled their weight and their offspring are just as English as any native citizen.

Don't insult decent people who appreciated what they attained when they crossed the sea to England.

Yes, you are right, I don't understand why anyone would write such rubbish? As in all countries there are troublemakers and bad places to live etc, but you don't have to choose to live there. Medical treatment is free to any UK citizen on return to live full time in the UK, and many others living legally in the UK, I think maybe he was not a UK citizen if asked to pay for GP and Hospital treatment, the same in Germany.

And as for saying Germany is the land of bliss, well he should look around, they also have plenty of issues etc.

• Thanks 1