Usa/Thai visa breakdown in english

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-type/

here is a great website in English and listing all types of visa's

this will get all you westerners a great start .. it lists the documents needed ...

BUT

The immigration officers and locations do not always know what the rules are or what  docs are needed

so use it as a starting point  .... then you can use the correct terminology and ask follow up questions here

AND

the website does not tell you how to do extensions  or reporting

It also has lots of info about all of the other problems we have .. ins, reports tm 6  on on

Like Topsy, it just growed.  Thank goodness we don’t all need to apply to LA for our visas. 

The original rules didn’t have all these refinements to the ‘O’ visa. In fact the ‘O’ visa in my experience was the over fifties retirement visa which LA has changed that to the more expensive ‘O-A’ visa which has provisions which the retiree does not need. 

22 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Like Topsy, it just growed.  Thank goodness we don’t all need to apply to LA for our visas. 

The original rules didn’t have all these refinements to the ‘O’ visa. In fact the ‘O’ visa in my experience was the over fifties retirement visa which LA has changed that to the more expensive ‘O-A’ visa which has provisions which the retiree does not need. 

I would guess that the majority of embassies and official consulates will not issue a non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement.

In the US it is not available anywhere and that includes the honorary consulates.

3 hours ago, ifmu said:

this will get all you westerners a great start

Not all westerners are from the USA, there are many other western countries.

In other western countries the Thai embassies have different rules when applying for a Thai visa.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would guess that the majority of embassies and official consulates will not issue a non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement.

In the US it is not available anywhere and that includes the honorary consulates.

It was three years ago that I discussed with you whether to bring an ‘O’ or an ‘O-A’ visa. fortunately I kept to the ‘O’. I have been lucky because I notice that the London Embassy now shows the same as LA on its website.  I suppose That it is for reasons of revenue they go for ‘A-O’ now. 

On 12/25/2019 at 9:16 AM, tgeezer said:

It was three years ago that I discussed with you whether to bring an ‘O’ or an ‘O-A’ visa. fortunately I kept to the ‘O’. I have been lucky because I notice that the London Embassy now shows the same as LA on its website.  I suppose That it is for reasons of revenue they go for ‘A-O’ now. 

This is wrong. The Thai Embassy London still does issue Non Imm ‘O’ visas for retirement. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, ubonjoe said:

i don't understand.. the oa is on the bottom of the list ..over 50 ???

and dont all usa requirments have the same info ?

usa  requirments at thai embassies to say it correctly 

Edited by ifmu
spell

36 minutes ago, ifmu said:

usa  requirments at thai embassies to say it correctly 

There is only one Thai embassy in any country.

In the US there is the embassy in Washington DC and 3 official Thai consulates and 10 (plus one in Puerto Rico) honorary consulates. None of their websites mention a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement.

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Same in AU. non-O  based on retirement not available

The O visa is a non-immigrant visa intended for visits up to 90 days at a time. Mention purpose of visa as "retirement" and clearly you'll be staying more than 90 days at a time, hence the O visa is "not available" for the purpose of retirement. It's not rocket science

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is only one Thai embassy in any country.

In the US there is the embassy in Washington DC and 3 official Thai consulates and 10 (plus one in Puerto Rico) honorary consulates. None of their websites mention a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement.

the application that they use has multi or single on it .. but it is the universal app for all visas  .. i will email my usa consulate and ask him  .. thanks for all this .. at a later date i will be needing ao ..

On 12/25/2019 at 8:35 AM, jackdd said:

Not all westerners are from the USA, there are many other western countries.

In other western countries the Thai embassies have different rules when applying for a Thai visa.

That's funny! I wonder if they get it.

Just don't ask them what countries they are or show you on a map.