Legalising a document in Thailand.

I am currently in the final stages of legalising my degree certificate for using in a visa application within Thailand. 

I am following the instructions from this source. 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/714089/Legalisation_info_June_2018.pdf

My degree was issued in the UK and the British embassy Bangkok does not provide certification services. I have completed steps 1 and 2. And received the notarised and legalised documents back complete with the Thai Embassy stamp from London. 

I now need to get a stamp from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as step 3 says in the above link. 

According to the process info graph here: Chart%20EN.png

The guide says I need to have the document translated also. 

My timeline is quite tricky as there are only 2 business days left in the year. 

My questions are: is it possible to get a fast track same day translation near the MFA and then also get the express service completed all in the same day? AKA tomorrow?

As i need these documents to apply for my visa either on the 26th or 27th December or my last possible day is the 2nd of January when the offices reopen (needing to have more than 15 days on my visa to apply for a change of visa from visa on arrival to a business visa). 

Thanks in advance for any replies and advice. 

Mike

13 hours ago, Optimodo said:

My questions are: is it possible to get a fast track same day translation near the MFA and then also get the express service completed all in the same day? AKA tomorrow?

In Bangkok if you submit the document before 09:00 you can get back after 14:00.  Fee doubles from 200 THB to 400 THB

• 2 months later...

@optimodo  Were you required to have your degree certificate certified by a solicitor or notary public in the UK before it was sent to Legislation Office? If so, how much did you pay for that? I am right at the beginning of the process and am just waiting for a notary public to send me a quote. Any info would be much appreciated ????