Can you extend visa while waiting for new passport?

When you apply for new UK passport you get to keep the old one until the new one arrives.

You're not allowed to travel with it.

Does anyone know if you can still apply for the 30 day visa extension with it?

It would be hard to apply afterwords because the passport taked 4 weeks to come back once it's received.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, finy said:

Does anyone know if you can still apply for the 30 day visa extension with it?

Provided that your existing passport doesn't expire within the said 30-day period, I would have thought so.

In this connection I am, of course, assuming that the reason why you're going through the tortuous process of renewing your passport in LOS is NOT because the existing one is completely full of visas, stamps, etc!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Provided that your existing passport doesn't expire within the said 30-day period, I would have thought so.

Hopefully not many people would of cut it that close to their passport expiring. When you reach the point when it is close to 6 months of validity is when you should consider getting a new one.

• Like 2

I'm waiting for a new UK passport right now. I still have the old one and the consular officials did not mark it or cancel it in any way. They used to cut the corner off when you applied for the new one. There is no way immigration could know the old passport was no longer valid unless they checked it out on the international system. If you are not travelling outside Thailand they are not likely to make this check.

Edited by GuyDow
Typo
  • Thanks 1