Shell Petrol Station only selling 95

SAFETY FIRST

I live south pattaya and go to the Shell petrol station regularly.

Many years ago the guys would fill your tank without zeroing the bowser, so you'd end up filling your Mio for 200 baht. 

Now they got me many times, i'm at fault for not being that clever. LOL

Now they have been (for some time now) closing the 91 bowser and only selling 95.

At any other station No Big Deal as the price difference is not a lot, 1 baht or so.

Pattaya Tai Shell Petrol station marks up their 95 another 5 to 6 baht, not a big amount but it must add up over a day, a week, a year.

You haven't realised yet that Shell's 95 isn't the normal 95 its the super duper Ferrari one. About 5+ baht more, it's a total con, don't fall for it anymore. I looked into it in detail, contacted Shell and they confirmed that petrol station only sells the expensive 95.

Use a Sukhumvit petrol station, everyone I've been to sells normal 95 at about 26 baht a litre vs Shell 32 baht

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You haven't realised yet that Shell's 95 isn't the normal 95 its the super duper Ferrari one. About 5+ baht more, it's a total con, don't fall for it anymore. I looked into it in detail, contacted Shell and they confirmed that petrol station only sells the expensive 95

Shell 95 is proper petrol/benzene..... Not that nasty Gasahol 95 stuff sold everywhere else.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Shell 95 is proper petrol/benzene..... Not that nasty Gasahol 95 stuff sold everywhere else.

Not really necessary for a scooter. What do you use it for? most people don't need it. For my Click, i can use 95, 91 or E20, no need for Shells expensive 95.

Screenshot_20191226-122002.png

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

Why on earth would a poor Thai pay extra 6 baht per litre to fill their scooter, that has no Tax or insurance.

Exactly. That garage is relying on daft falang, i noticed a year + ago that less and less Thais were using that station, they obviously suddenly realised. They are stopping the 91 to close off that option, best to go elsewhere

Just now, blackcab said:

I  stand corrected, My old SR400 motorbike would only run on benzene 95 which when phased out only shell sold it.

Glad ive sold that bike then if it now gasohol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yodsak said:

Shell don't sell petrol / benzine.  PTT do.1406631345_ScreenShot2019-12-26at12_25_05.png.8e0a31b2f1dfa617bbd3148c911ba51d.png

Yeah, I already replied to blackcab.... back when benzene was phased out it was only Shell that kept selling it.... and now they don't..

Good to hear PTT is now selling it as I plan to buy another bike soon.

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah, I already replied to blackcab.... back when benzene was phased out it was only Shell that kept selling it.... and now they don't..

Good to hear PTT is now selling it as I plan to buy another bike soon.

OK, so they are selling cheap 95  for a rip off price................Do You Agree?

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

OK, so they are selling cheap 95  for a rip off price................Do You Agree?

No idea, I always refused to use it.

My bike was Benzene only  and my car was E85 only.............. now my pickup is diesel only !!

Without having read into detail of every post:

Gasohol (E10) 91 octane ("green" one at PTT) will be phased out during the near future.

The price difference to 95 octane is down to 0.27 Baht today.

It's well possible that certain stations/companies have finished supplying 91 octance fuel. Long out-phased in Germany e.g. (>10 years).

Pure petrol/benzene without ethanol cost 33.66 Baht at best today.

So if Shell (which I do not know too much about) displays anything cheaper, it's NOT petrol/benzene.

https://www.pttor.com/oilprice-capital.aspx

The "V power" probably refers to magic additives that some people swear for.

I fuel my small Mazda 2 with E20 since 2011.

And as Christmas present the government has lowered the price by 1 Baht until sometime new year (23.24) :biggrin:

For the scooter, motorbike and brush cutter I buy gasohol 95.

Edited by KhunBENQ

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Thais usually queue for the 91

The Thai's ride into the shell on Pattaya Tai thinking they are going to fill up with 91, for some reason this service station has barricaded the 91 bowser without fire extinguishers so you are forced to buy the premium fuel.

They queue for 91 but this is not available.

Why are they not selling 91,must be making a fortune selling only premium.

Can anyone explain.

18 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The Thai's ride into the shell on Pattaya Tai thinking they are going to fill up with 91, for some reason this service station has barricaded the 91 bowser without fire extinguishers so you are forced to buy the premium fuel.

They queue for 91 but this is not available.

Why are they not selling 91,must be making a fortune selling only premium.

Can anyone explain.

Two reasons,

1, They've run out of 91 because everyone is buying that as they realise the VPower 95 is a con.

2, conspiracy theory that they close the 91 in order to make more money from the 95

• Thanks 1