Pattaya: Pitiful old man at the police station will be "repatriated to Britain"

webfact

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2019 at 9:47 AM, colinneil said:

ISNT IT PATHETIC, that after Pattaya plod were shamed on social media, they are suddenly going out of their way to help the man.

Shame on you sad individuals, ohh look at me helping the poor old man.

All due respect you all of you here.
At this time of year 1 would think that more courtesy would be granted to this old man.
Does anyone know his name or why he is actually stranded at the police station?

Off topic baiting posts and the off topic replies have been removed. 

Inflammatory posts have been removed as well:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

On 12/28/2019 at 4:18 PM, Huckenfell said:

"This is what happens when you get to 80"  Bloody rubbish, i am 84 and nothing like him but then i was in the Royal Navy aged 15 and they taught me how to look after myself in more ways than one. I wash and iron my shirts, cook my own tucker and clean my own bungalow, so please think again!

Exactly, but not very many people do actually join the Navy at 15, but Good on you ! ... (I worked on Off shore Exploration Boats for 25 Years ... Technical crew though, but Yes, I have seen blokes like you, they of course are the first to be hired, as they usually are VERY GOOD !!!) ....

I have also seen older men like you that also can look after them selves, while doing Meals on Wheels in Australia, ... and yes it does take Discipline ... but most people, ... Were NOT in the Navy at 15 ... so well, not many look as bad at this guy .... but well, I got another look at him in the next photo, ... and well he actually only looks like he is in his 50's, ....  but well wasted on Alcohol ? and I think that Drugs have been mentioned. ...

"Alcohol" I have said it before, and also am one that knows. ...Know how to avoid it or to control it, and you can do VERY WELL. Do not know this, and you can end up in a LOT OF TROUBLE. one way, or another. ... (Like this guy has ?) ... after 25 years off shore I am giving my self 50 / 50 just at the Moment. Not a winner wit it !!! ...  But Not Dead yet either.

I am 64 and if I make 84 like you, I would be VERY HAPPY. - Thanks.  ....  Yes it is New Year coming up tonight ! ... Do Have a Happy New Year tonight. !!!

On 12/30/2019 at 12:48 AM, Eddythai said:

All due respect you all of you here.
At this time of year 1 would think that more courtesy would be granted to this old man.
Does anyone know his name or why he is actually stranded at the police station?

His name is Tony Baker. For many years he has been a total pi $$ pot and could be aggresive with it. Wouldn't suprise me if the mentioned lady dumped him there because of his behaviour.

I have not seen him for many years but, he should be a warning to others on how you could end up if you don't control your drinking.

As far as i remember he is from the Blackpool area with little or no family.

2 hours ago, Peterhua said:

His name is Tony Baker. For many years he has been a total pi $$ pot and could be aggresive with it. Wouldn't suprise me if the mentioned lady dumped him there because of his behaviour.

I have not seen him for many years but, he should be a warning to others on how you could end up if you don't control your drinking.

As far as i remember he is from the Blackpool area with little or no family.

I didn't know at the time his name or did I have a right to look at his passport or personal information. 

Even though I saw it.

The police were handling that.

Yes his name was suggested to me yesterday, and where he was from.

Certainly he looked worse for wear, that's why I got a bottle of water for him. 

Not my place to name or shame him.

Or surmise that he was dumped, or an alcoholic..

Just another older expat farang who needed some help in the Land of Smiles. 

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

I didn't know at the time his name or did I have a right to look at his passport or personal information. 

Even though I saw it.

The police were handling that.

Yes his name was suggested to me yesterday, and where he was from.

Certainly he looked worse for wear, that's why I got a bottle of water for him. 

Not my place to name or shame him.

Or surmise that he was dumped, or an alcoholic..

Just another older expat farang who needed some help in the Land of Smiles. 

The only reason why a farang is dumped in Thailand is because they ran out of money.  Money Number One. 

On 12/27/2019 at 10:55 AM, BigStar said:

Exactly. Most of the Brits in Thailand appear to have been dumped here. No wonder they're miserable. 

Hope this guy gets back safely and into one of those fantastic UK elder homes.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=jeremy+corbyn&client=safari&hl=en-au&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiXnL2A1uHmAhXCdn0KHZ5OAl8Q_AUoAXoECBAQAQ&biw=1024&bih=656&dpr=2#imgrc=0yq6Y46JSQKvwM

Archived