late British pension

soalbundy

I should have received my pension in my Thai account on the 26th Dec. It wasn't there so I waited until today 27th Dec. still nothing, is this a Christmas holiday thing ? I know that the payments from the UK go via America so there is a chance of a holiday balls up from two sides.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

that was helpful

Sorry, there is no helpful reply. You are in the hands of the bank's computers.

And answering your question......yes there could be a balls up on all three sides, UK, USA & Thailand.

All the best wishes to you. X 

Just now, vogie said:

I am not sure but last month was exactly the same. I should have received my pension on Friday 29th of Nov but actually received it on the 2nd of Dec. I should have received my pension today the 27th but it looks it might be 30/31st now.

Thanks for the reply, nice to know I am not alone

Just now, ubonjoe said:

When would of it been sent?

I would say it is a problem due to the holidays and time differences if more countries were involved

I don't know, 28 days from the last payment has to be counted, last year it did arrive during what one could call the christmas holidays. A few days doesn't make any difference but I am worried in case I didn't receive a proof of existence letter and the payment will be deferred until I can get it sorted out, always a nightmare.

Not a direct answer, but:

I have a standing order from German bank A to German bank B.

Domestic!

Debited on A at 23rd.

Not yet at B!!

Bank computers on holiday :annoyed:

Or bangsters using strange 19th century booking clauses about holidays/weekends?

Brazen!

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Not a direct answer, but:

I have a standing order from German bank A to German bank B.

Domestic!

Debited on A at 23rd.

Not yet at B!!

Bank computers on holiday.

Or bangsters using strange booking rules about holidays/weekends.

Brazen!

computers are only human. I just this minute got a letter from my old German firm, sent on the 21. 11. 2019

4 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

i assume it's your UK State pension which is sent every 28 days.

I am on same and my payments have been like clockwork in the last 7 years since I started to receive.

The only time the cycle is broken is if the due to leave UK date is on a weekend.

john

yes, same here except for the one time when they had a problem with the Bangkok bank and once when they didn't get the proof of existence form that I had sent, what a nightmare that was to sort out, which is why I have started to worry about what has gone wrong

When sending money from my UK bank account it takes 3 days. Problems arise when UK bank holidays, problems get worse when they co-incide with Thai bank holidays - took near 10 days once due to all the holidays in the wrong place !!

I now always ensure my income for monthly showing is taken and sent from UK savings rather than waiting for a pension to come here. You only need those days lining up wrong and you could be in real trouble.

Just now, RichardColeman said:

When sending money from my UK bank account it takes 3 days. Problems arise when UK bank holidays, problems get worse when they co-incide with Thai bank holidays - took near 10 days once due to all the holidays in the wrong place !!

I now always ensure my income for monthly showing is taken and sent from UK savings rather than waiting for a pension to come here. You only need those days lining up wrong and you could be in real trouble.

Yes I know so I checked with UK and American bank holidays shouldn't have been a problem.

My British State pension arrived in my Kasikorn account this morning.

Have you moved recently ? There was a case on here not long ago where someone's pension wasn't paid as they had moved and not updated their address with DWP and missed a letter to confirm that they were still alive.

Just a thought.

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

My British State pension arrived in my Kasikorn account this morning.

Have you moved recently ? There was a case on here not long ago where someone's pension wasn't paid as they had moved and not updated their address with DWP and missed a letter to confirm that they were still alive.

Just a thought.

No. I haven't received a letter either and that is what's bothering me as a letter from Germany has taken 5 weeks to reach me, who knows.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I am not sure but last month was exactly the same. I should have received my pension on Friday 29th of Nov but actually received it on the 2nd of Dec. I should have received my pension today the 27th but it looks it might be 30/31st now.

to Bangkok bank ?

Just now, vogie said:

Yes.

That could be the sticking point @golden triangle received his British pension today at Kasikorn bank, we both haven't received ours at the Bangkok bank. The money could have arrived but hasn't been booked yet, happened to me once, the money is usually there around 10:30 am when it still wasn't on my account at 3 pm I went to ask the bank teller if it had arrived, after a few phone calls she confirmed the money was there but hadn't yet been booked.

Just now, wgdanson said:

Why don't you have your pension paid into a UK bank, and then do a Transferwise or similar on say 14th every month which will/should arrive next day.

Transferwise was 'open' on Christmas Day.

I haven't been in the UK for 50 years, no UK bank account.

3 hours ago, jonwilly said:

I am on same and my payments have been like clockwork in the last 7 years since I started to receive.

The only time the cycle is broken is if the due to leave UK date is on a weekend.

john

as you posted its a 28 day cycle, it is either always on a weekend or never on a weekend, ie should always be on the same day of the week.

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I haven't been in the UK for 50 years, no UK bank account.

I get my pension paid into a Transerwise Borderless account. Before posting negative comments, go to their website to understand how their Borderless Account works.

4 hours ago, jonwilly said:

john

I get 3 pensions and the State pension is always paid to my TW account on a Friday and in BKK Bank on the Monday, UNLESS there is a Thai bank holiday when it gets paid on the next working day. My 2 other pensions are paid on the 15th and 20th of the month unless those days are a weekend when they get to TW on the Friday before the weekend and it is in my BKK Bank account just after 2 pm on the Monday.

Archived