EU may need to extend deadline for trade talks with UK: von der Leyen

snoop1130

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

But I didn't say that Boris had an oven ready deal.

The guy who wrote post #201  did.

I will give you a hint as to who that was.

quote "10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:
Whats the problem?

Johnson has an "oven ready deal" so there should be no need for any extension.

How did you know that Boris had an oven ready deal"?

He probably had a good idea of what he wanted together with a couple of fallback plans, but until he won the general election that was all he had. He has a Brexit team to work on them and he will go from there.

You did not see and hear Johnson claiming he had an oven ready deal? 

Google it mate. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You did not see and hear Johnson claiming he had an oven ready deal? 

Google it mate. 

“We have an oven ready deal, put it in the microwave as soon as we get back after the election on Friday 12th Dec and get it done.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nauseus said:

You said that, not me. Previous and existing British Health and Safety regulations and British standards (BSI) were/are already very good and comprehensive; they were mainly copied by the EU after they realised that they were so far behind the UK. 

So the EU red tape is the same as the UK red tape and we will still be doing the red tape after Brexit?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

they are only frightened of losing our money, nothing more, i see we got the <deleted> on here, 4 years wasted , thanks to Treason May, there is a big world out there,  take our fishing back for starters, and our ship building, instead of the EU giving contracts to other EU countries, we will decide for ourselves.get the GREAT back in BRITAIN

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

they are only frightened of losing our money, nothing more, i see we got the <deleted> on here, 4 years wasted , thanks to Treason May, there is a big world out there,  take our fishing back for starters, and our ship building, instead of the EU giving contracts to other EU countries, we will decide for ourselves.get the GREAT back in BRITAIN

Propaganda sounds simple.
In reality, the whole thing is much more complicated.
And whether the UK fishery's contribution to the UK GDP after Brexit will increases by more than it existing 0,1%, is questionable at all.
But don't stop playing on your harp of hope.
https://www.dw.com/en/uk-fishing-industry-or-brexits-red-herrings/a-51418061
https://energydesk.greenpeace.org/2019/03/07/fishing-brexit-uk-fleetwood/

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

I really dont think racist language like that should be tolerated on here .

Calling people "darkies" just isnt acceptable these days 

I was being facetious. But being schooled in political correctness by a chest thumper made me laugh.

I’ll tone down my language as a result. It seems I need to use ‘Johnny foreigner’ - but violence against him apparently is still acceptable. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

Any <deleted> you get on this board is because you deserve it. Your know-nothing armchair economics theories are all wrong. Whydontcha try a bar stool to learn about real world economics instead of your sanctimonious twaddle? You might even learn why the EU is now running so scared about losing UK contributions and possibly lucrative markets, while the UK has everything to gain.

You can't even properly quote what you have supposedly 'checked'. When did Samranism declare that UK's trade balance had to be a surplus to be punching above its weight? The UK has been running a huge trade deficit with the EU for years and still contributing to subsidise their peasant economies. That's punching above its' weight, positive or negative.

Better ask an adult before you make anymore posts mate?

I see they just have fed you early at the nursing home today and now have let you loose on the PCs. I won’t keep you from watching reruns of Dads Army or a good old Carry On movie.

Thank you too for your advice. I didn’t realise anyone who had an opinion beyond three word slogans ‘Get it done’ or ‘out means out’ was sanctimonious.

Ill save my level of analysis to nothing more than can fit in a brexit Facebook meme so you can keep up.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Of course it is good for Germany. However, Germany's strong economy is primarily driven by the significant exports of larger corporations and not SMEs. This has been aided after the adoption of the Euro. Recently things are not so great due to falling orders for German manufactured products. Germany recently just barely missed going into technical recession.

fake news, doom and gloom ….. now to the other side …. looks like a ping pong game this returning phrase for both sides ...

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Not the same at all. EU tape is sticky and OTT.

yes and this one has the U.K. flag on it ….lol

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

Don't worry it is on his way ...it is named  WTO rules 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Nah just referring to the ping-pong accusations versus each both our economy's ….., likewise if remaimers or E.U. shows links they are also referred to fear mongering fake news ….. just a yes no game I was to answering , we both go loose some . one more than the other ….

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Nah just referring to the ping-pong accusations versus each both our economy's ….., likewise if remaimers or E.U. shows links they are also referred to fear mongering fake news ….. just a yes no game I was to answering , we both go loose some . one more than the other ….

Create a diversion if you like but there are plenty of references to the recent close-pass of Germany to a technical recession. They are not accusations but the results of simple economic data analysis. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Create a diversion if you like but there are plenty of references to the recent close-pass of Germany to a technical recession. They are not accusations but the results of simple economic data analysis. 

There is no denial in my answer ….

Note that I up to now never screen with statistics …. as that is "like a glass of water half full or half empty "...depending which side wish to prove about  x side ...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, david555 said:

There is no denial in my answer ….

Note that I up to now never screen with statistics …. as that is "like a glass of water half full or half empty "...depending which side wish to prove about  x side ...

statistics = good stuff, very food stuff, but you need to be adequately corpulent in order to apply it properly

half full / half empty - same same, still half a glass, cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

statistics = good stuff, very food stuff, but you need to be adequately corpulent in order to apply it properly

half full / half empty - same same, still half a glass, cheers!

yes still...only half a glass  

Edited by david555

4 hours ago, samran said:

I was being facetious. But being schooled in political correctness by a chest thumper made me laugh.

I’ll tone down my language as a result. It seems I need to use ‘Johnny foreigner’ - but violence against him apparently is still acceptable. 

Just stop the racist abusive language .

Violence isnt acceptable and neither is racial abuse .

Racial abuse and violent attacks are completely unacceptable .

not only that, it would be dangerous for yourself to carry on like that in real life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1