Hit And Run

jdinasia

Last night between 1am and 2am a drunk UK girl driving a pickup w/o tags hit my motorcycle whilst doint a 3 point turn in my narrow soi. I run out and look at the bike and try to get her to stop but she drives off.

The owner of the bar up the street says "don't worry ... I know her .. she drunk ... go tmw and get fixed and I will pay you back and get the money from her"

I didn't really like the idea of NOT getting the police involved as the girl was apparently pulling a hit and run and still leaving 1/2 blind drunk! But as I have a good relationship with my landlord who heard the promise ... and my neighbors that own the bar I just decided to accept it and prayed the UK girl didn't kill anyone on her way home.

Today when I got back from watching the parade in Patong I see the BiB over at the bar and the UK girl inside ... My landlord fills me in that they were fighting <the UK girl and the bar owner> The police came to resolve the issue. Nobody went to jail ... as far as I know no fine was paid. BUT the police are backing the bar owner up on who owes what. Luckily I already had an appointment at the dentist less than 300m from the dealership where I need to get the quote tmw. I'll get paid when I get back to my village:)

3 things about this really pissed me off ... The girl hitting my bike. The driver making it a hit and run. and the BIG thing ..... The UK girl not understanding that the bar owner saved her some SERIOUS cash and inconvenience of being arrested last night for drink driving, Hit and Run, AND whatever else the cops would have come up with <Thai DL? IDL? Insurance? etc etc>

Could easily have written this without the UK girl's nationality and let the ranters go off on fleeing the scene of an accident and assuming it was a Thai ... but I TRY and not feed the trolls :o

Jd,

just off the top of my head some thoughts here

If the hit and run had been sober, I think it would have been worse.

As it is, she's a p1sshead who probably couldn't deal with consequences at that time, but MAYBE might be able to deal with said consequences when more sober. Lucky that she is known to the bar dude.

I'd be intrigued to know whether she'll deal with the situation when not absolutely wasted.

I speak from the point of view of a professionally certified p1sshead.

I'm sorry your bike got damaged dude. Bad behaviour. But as I say, MAYBE she'll be amenable when not too trashed.

regards,

Kayo.

Jd,

just off the top of my head some thoughts here

If the hit and run had been sober, I think it would have been worse.

As it is, she's a p1sshead who probably couldn't deal with consequences at that time, but MAYBE might be able to deal with said consequences when more sober. Lucky that she is known to the bar dude.

I'd be intrigued to know whether she'll deal with the situation when not absolutely wasted.

I speak from the point of view of a professionally certified p1sshead.

I'm sorry your bike got damaged dude. Bad behaviour. But as I say, MAYBE she'll be amenable when not too trashed.

regards,

Kayo.

She just dove off last night ... it was today and (apparently) sober that she was fighting with the bar owner and the police had to be called :o

Maybe I should have labelled this "anti-christian driving" ...... or been John Rambo and broken her window and pulled her from the truck ..... <instead I was sane and sober and listened to the folks around me!>

drunk , hit and run , smashed your bike up ...... i cant think why you didnt call the police to sort this troublemaking irresponsible p.o.s. out .

as explained above ....

I didn't really like the idea of NOT getting the police involved as the girl was apparently pulling a hit and run and still leaving 1/2 blind drunk! But as I have a good relationship with my landlord who heard the promise ... and my neighbors that own the bar I just decided to accept it and prayed the UK girl didn't kill anyone on her way home.

Learning how to survive here is a talent :o

What's the problem jdinasia? Just pay for the repairs yourself, don't be cheap.

Sure .... care to tell me where your vehicle is parked? :o

Edited by Totster
Removed irrelevant comment

if she knows she hit the bike,(who knows how sh1tfaced she was) then she must have considered that the bike could belong to a poor thai earning 150 baht a day.

She knew :o and she knew to whom it belonged as she drove away :D

Could easily have written this without the UK girl's nationality and let the ranters go off on fleeing the scene of an accident and assuming it was a Thai ... but I TRY and not feed the trolls :D

Hmmm...You could have said "drunk farang/foreign girl"... :o

totster :D

sorry, but this story could have easily been about a bus queue of kids as opposed to a mushed up bike. Booze & being able to control a vehicle safely don't mix.

Book, hurl etc.

:o not on my little soi ... and at that hour of the morning! But I am glad that the cops did get involved and that I didn't call them! <even if after the girl had gotten a chance to sober up!>

I can't figure out why people want him to pay for repairs to his bike.

HE wasn't riding the bike at the time. Just as well he wasn't sitting on it - could have been killed!

SHE was drunk - lucky she didn't kill anybody (alcohol & driving don't mix).

I wouldn't accept anything less than an apology and full payment as SHE needs a lesson in manners.

Peter

drunk , hit and run , smashed your bike up ...... i cant think why you didnt call the police to sort this troublemaking irresponsible p.o.s. out .

as explained above ....

Learning how to survive here is a talent :D

excuse me JD,

but im a bit confused by the 1/2 blind drunk gig. :o

now my good self has been blind drunk, :bah: but never have i been half blind drunk. :D

maybe the girl is innocent? :D

please explain.

thank you very much. :D

I think you let her get off too lightly. If she dared show her face around there the next day, I would have been after her assuming I couldn't catch her the night before. Whether I ruffle a few feathers doesn't bother me. You are talking about peoples lives and the possibility that one stupid selfish drunk person might wipe someone out in a few seconds.

Drunk drivers ruin peoples lives, that is if they are lucky enough to still have one.

1/2 blind drunk? Is that when you have to close one eye so you pick up the correct glass? :D

The girl sounds like a "laddette". That's the term used nowadays in the UK for these types. Genetically female but exhibiting all the finesse of the average football hooligan. Total p1ssheads and a waste of a human skin. :o

1/2 blind drunk? Is that when you have to close one eye so you pick up the correct glass? :bah:

The girl sounds like a "laddette". That's the term used nowadays in the UK for these types. Genetically female but exhibiting all the finesse of the average football hooligan. Total p1ssheads and a waste of a human skin. :o

classic phil. :D :D :D :D

Is there such a thing as a drunk driving charge in Thailand? If there is, I would wait for her to do the same thing (become in charge of a motor vehicle whilst trollyed) then phone the police and have her nicked. :D

Why would anyone take the risk of driving after having a skinful when taxis' are so cheap (and my family could be in the way of them) :o

HE wasn't riding the bike at the time. Just as well he wasn't sitting on it - could have been killed!

I wouldn't accept anything less than an apology and full payment as SHE needs a lesson in manners.

Peter

Seconded!

Peter

Seconded!

Along the way of posting scads of posts on TV you pick up a few fans ..... most often people that have lost touch with reality :o

edit. The UK girl was lucky ... in so many ways .. lucky that the police were not called right then .... lucky she actually hit my bike <had it not been there she'd have hit my gate ... would have damaged her truck AND the gate ... both being more $$ than the damage to the bike

Edited by jdinasia

JD-

The people saying you should pay for the repairs are likely just joking?

I don't get the tone of your OP and most of the following posts. People, often in some state of drunkenness, routinely hit things with their vehicles. Then they sometimes react badly when called on their mistakes. Both bad things, but both just a part of life. The nub of this story is not the person's drunk driving or her bad reaction when called on it.

The nub would seem to be that people you trusted helped you out and all involved avoided any risk of a bigger problem. This glass is 3/4 full so no need to focus on the 1/4 empty part.