One year bank statement and bank letter

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

I don't think printing a few months versus one year transactions might make a difference if it can fit on one page. I think mine was 6 months transaction or more.

After all, they just print out from their computer system and alter the 'From Date' field.

But was yours done on official SCB letter head? Some people were posting that 6 months or more takes a week but I’ve heard that some banks could do it fast the same day and it sounds like from what you said that SCB might be able to do it quickly. But I’ll find out in 3 days I might do it on Friday if we stay an extra night over New Years in Khao Yai. That’s where we’re going early in the morning for New Years it’s two hours south of here and we go occasionally. So was yours on SCB letter head? An official statement right? 

30 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I used the 800k deposit method but immigration wanted to see the bank statement as well because mine was a Fixed Deposit account.

Can't remember how many months they printed but all I needed to show was the two months (and not 12 months) before application.

Yes, it costs me 200 baht for both documents but it was printed nicely on bank letterhead.

Oh wait I’m sorry you already told me ???? my Cannabis oil just started kicking in tonight ????. Better get some sleep we’re traveling a short ways in the morning but I’m not driving. 

Some people ask me why don’t I just use the 400K method but I don’t want to pick apart my savings account or my TSP account in the United States since I receive guaranteed monthly income. I’m retired US military of 21 years and a 100% disabled veteran so my monthly income is not a problem it’s over 100K baht a month alone not including my wife’s income from US Social Security. So I don’t do that I have my pension payments coming here every month so I really don’t want to bring in more than that or I’ll probably just end up spending it to be honest. 

Oh and a TSP account is a military Thrift Savings Plan that’s basically like an IRA. Same concept exactly you normally only withdraw money from that to buy a house or else the IRS will take a bite. So I don’t want to mess with that and I don’t have to I already have guaranteed monthly income from my pension payments. And there are some people like me who might not have as much saved as me. 

Most of my savings is tied up in my TSP account which I really don’t want to touch unless we’re buying a house or for some big emergency or something. We have savings in the states as well that’s easily accessible but I don’t want to have any of it sent here and I don’t have to because I’m already bringing my monthly VA income into Thailand my whole paycheck every month comes here automatically.

So I don’t want or need to bring any of my savings here plus I like to keep our bank accounts in the states open and my wife’s Social Security goes to our bank in the states and I want to keep our savings in the states and our bank account open in the states because in the next 5 to 10 years we’ll probably go back to the United States possibly permanently but we’re going to stay here for a good while longer. So I’m not bringing that much money into Thailand probably not more than 5 or 10 thousand US dollars because I already have over 100K baht a month coming here to SCB so no need for much more than that except for emergencies.

Plus IF we decide to ever go back to the United States to live which we probably will someday then we’ll definitely want to buy a house. So I also want to keep money saved for that in the states because we probably won’t stay here forever I’m predicting 5 to 10 more years. Plus both of us would really like to go back to Arizona one day. I haven’t lived there since I was a kid but I’m originally from there and it’s also a very beautiful place to. 

58 minutes ago, DennisE said:

But was yours done on official SCB letter head? Some people were posting that 6 months or more takes a week but I’ve heard that some banks could do it fast the same day and it sounds like from what you said that SCB might be able to do it quickly. But I’ll find out in 3 days I might do it on Friday if we stay an extra night over New Years in Khao Yai. That’s where we’re going early in the morning for New Years it’s two hours south of here and we go occasionally. So was yours on SCB letter head? An official statement right? 

Yes, it was on official SCB letter head and put inside a nice envelope.

So maybe I will end up going to immigration the end of this week or early next week unless it does take a week for the bank statement then I’ll go to immigration the following week but definitely prior to the 14th that’s still about a month early. 

We’re going to spend at least one night in Khao Yai tomorrow anyway maybe 2 nights. So I’ll go to the bank Thursday or Friday. We’re leaving first thing in the morning and it’s a two hour drive in New Years traffic so we gotta be careful. I’ll still have time to get it done a month early at immigration 3 weeks early at the latest. 

My current extension doesn’t expire until 6 February so I’m good but I definitely need to be getting ready to go to immigration soon after the new year. I never wait till the last minute to go either. This year at least everything is here in Korat. I also had to get my new passport last year in 2018 so I had to go to Bangkok twice last year before immigration because of the income affidavits but those are gone now. Going to the bank is a lot easier than the embassy and a lot cheaper almost free except for the 200 baht plus no traveling to Bangkok it is easier. 

Edited by DennisE

Over the last 6 or 7 years really more than that I’ve developed anxiety/panic disorders and hypertension so I have to plan it ahead of time or it’ll drive me nuts. I went through my paperwork work earlier and I realized that I already have all my paperwork together I just need my bank paperwork only and I’m ready to go to immigration. For tomorrow though we’ll be in Muak Lek for at least one night maybe two leaving at 8AM tomorrow and it’s a two hour drive in New Year’s Eve traffic so time for caution. 

• Like 1

Why not ask their call center? 

As far as l know Bangkok Bank is the only bank that doesnt issue that letter more or less on the spot. 

I got statements and the letter from my Krungsri branch in about 20 minutes and then went straight to the IO. 

2 hours ago, pauln said:

Why not ask their call center? 

As far as l know Bangkok Bank is the only bank that doesnt issue that letter more or less on the spot. 

I got statements and the letter from my Krungsri branch in about 20 minutes and then went straight to the IO. 

I think I might call and ask before I go on Thursday or Friday. 

Edited by DennisE

4 hours ago, pauln said:

As far as l know Bangkok Bank is the only bank that doesn't issue that letter more or less on the spot. 

Bangkok Bank can issue a standard letter confirming your account while you wait. There might be some odd branches that don't.

Took me less than half an hour to get it and a 1 month bank statement (needed to to show a recent transfer in addition to the one year statement I had) at a small branch here.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Bangkok Bank can issue a standard letter confirming your account while you wait. There might be some odd branches that don't.

Took me less than half an hour to get it and a 1 month bank statement (needed to to show a recent transfer in addition to the one year statement I had) at a small branch here.

Ok so you got yours done in 30 minutes, well others have also said that sometimes it takes a week. Sounds like it might not take that long after all. So I might be going to immigration sooner than I thought. 

8 minutes ago, DennisE said:

Ok so you got yours done in 30 minutes, well others have also said that sometimes it takes a week. Sounds like it might not take that long after all. So I might be going to immigration sooner than I thought. 

He wrote bank letter not bank statement. A one year statement that does take about a week.

The one year bank statement I got the previous month took about a week.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He wrote bank letter not bank statement a one year statement that does take about a week.

I have an fixed account with 800k. Had it for years and never touched the money, would I need a bank statement on top of the bank letter?

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He wrote bank letter not bank statement. A one year statement that does take about a week.

Ok well I’ll know in a few days about SCB thanks.

14 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I have an fixed account with 800k. Had it for years and never touched the money, would I need a bank statement on top of the bank letter?

Glad you asked because I don't understand whats with chat about bank statement. That's required for income method. No?

As for money in bank method just provide bank letter and photocopies of bankbook pages.

22 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

One of these days I’m gonna have to find a way to break the cycle of always renewing my extension around Christmas or just after New Year’s Day maybe start over on a new visa one of these days I guess. 

31 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

The discussion is about proving income to apply for an extension of stay by showing transfers from abroad.

There have been reports of some immigration offices requiring a 3 month bank statement when using the 800k baht in the bank option though.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

I use the 800K method and have not touched the money for several years as well. Since the 800k is supposed to be in the bank 2 months prior to application I got 3 months of bank statements at the same time as I got the bank letter. It is easy and inexpensive. The IO accepted the bank statements when I handed her the pile of documents. And why not? They don't know that you haven't touched the money yet. They also took my bank book to examine.

Others have said they didn't need the bank statements. OK. That's fine. If you read conflicting experiences then why not just bring more than you may need rather than risk being frustrated by not having something they ask for? 

I’m at SCB getting my one year bank statement and the bank letter right now so far no mention of it taking a week but I’m not through yet though. Fingers crossed ???? I’ll have all my paperwork today. Otherwise I could wait a week if I do get it all today I’m going to immigration on Monday if not later on next week when I do have it. It looks like I’m gonna get both today though still waiting.