90 days

On 12/30/2019 at 4:27 PM, ubonjoe said:

Nothing more than doing the report and paying a 2,000 baht fine for being late.

Last month I was 8 days late - 5,000.- fine, with reciept.

Was also told that when I do my 1-year extension (Non-O) end of January 2020, I need to have a new passport, as it expires December 2020, thus only has 11 months left on it...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, laochef said:

Was also told that when I do my 1-year extension (Non-O) end of January 2020, I need to have a new passport, as it expires December 2020, thus only has 11 months left on it...

The official fine for a late 90 days report is 2000 baht. 

29 minutes ago, laochef said:

they will date  the extension to the expiry date of the passport, is there any chance you can get a new passport before you have to apply

12 hours ago, laochef said:

They must of not

liked you since they charged you the maximum fine of 5000 baht. The standard fine is 2000 baht.

"If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht."

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

12 hours ago, laochef said:

That has been the rule since 2013. You must have 12 months remaining on your passport validity to get a one year extension of stay. If not your extension will done to the date your passport expires and you will have to apply for a new extension of stay on that day after getting a new passport.

• Like 1

I got a new passport, then transferred all my visa stuff over to the new passport and then got an new 12 month retirement visa in September.  When I went to Jomtien immigration in December the IO told me I was 35 days overstay. 

I guess I was thinking the new retirement visa reset my 90 days reporting, I just didn't think about it.  Anyway, the IO understood how it happened, explained to me the rule and waived the fine.  I generally find Jomtien to be good, but I was surprised by the no fine. 

2 hours ago, Taxi said:

I got a new passport, then transferred all my visa stuff over to the new passport and then got an new 12 month retirement visa in September.  When I went to Jomtien immigration in December the IO told me I was 35 days overstay. 

I guess I was thinking the new retirement visa reset my 90 days reporting, I just didn't think about it.  Anyway, the IO understood how it happened, explained to me the rule and waived the fine.  I generally find Jomtien to be good, but I was surprised by the no fine. 

You were not on overstay, you were 35 days late for your 90 days report. 

3 hours ago, Taxi said:

I doubt you had 35 days overstay taken so lightly. If you mean you failed to do a 90 day report for 35 days, that is not actually overstay. The 90 day clock only resets for the first extension, not a renewal.... nice of Jomtien to waive the fine. 

On 1/2/2020 at 2:18 PM, jacko45k said:

I doubt you had 35 days overstay taken so lightly. If you mean you failed to do a 90 day report for 35 days, that is not actually overstay. The 90 day clock only resets for the first extension, not a renewal.... nice of Jomtien to waive the fine. 

Yes, thats what I mean't, wrong terminology on my part.

On 12/30/2019 at 4:27 PM, ubonjoe said:

Nothing more than doing the report and paying a 2,000 baht fine for being late.

you right i paid 2000tb take one minute to do the report and  wait 30 minutes and have to sign 3 different papers,first time i forget the 90 days report in 12 years not to bad! happy news year!