Trump aides call U.S. strikes on Iraq and Syria 'successful,' warn of potential further action

webfact

11 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Unfortunately, it's the US that pays the price. Over $1 trillion for the war in the first decade of this century. God knows how much has been shuffled in since 2010.

And in the numbers of killed,wounded and maimed..along with the "collateral" damage that they cause.

How many North Koreans and Vietnamese civilians did they kill and maim?

Not to mention Laotians,Cambodians and Iraqi's.Even their invasion of Grenada was a military and humanitarian disgrace.

No wonder that they are trying to eat themselves to death.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tug said:

I would certainly hope not with all the assets we have all over Iraq there is no comparison to Libya none but because of trumps utter incompetence we do have this situation so I guess he gets credit for that

There were assets all over the middle east and one hour away in Italy during the 12 hour siege on Benghazi.  But of course Trump  is responsible for that inaction. Anyway adios - lost cause here. 

Edited by morrobay
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

You could have fooled me. Sometimes a strongman is required to keep the lid on. IE. Removing Ghadaffi in Libya led to Benghazi. Obama and Hillary aided and abetted that incompetent foreign policy. Not even going to comment on 18 years in Afghanistan?? 

Nice try at deflection. If Trump wasn't waging economic war on Iran, the current situation wouldn't have arisen. But he's such a fool, that he didn't understand that another name for American troops and the diplomatic corps in Iraq is "potential hostages."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, morrobay said:

There were assets all over the middle east and one hour away in Italy during the 12 hour siege on Benghazi.  But of course Trump  is responsible for that inaction. Anyway adios - lost cause here. 

Ahhh how did I say trump is responsible for the Benghazi fiasco?I neither said or implied that.....he is directly responsible for the mess in Iraq today.we do have assets on the ground in country to deal with this totally unessary mess we DID NOT have assets on the ground in country in the Benghazi fiasco imo it is a non comparison btw I whole heartily agree that the Benghazi fiasco was handled wrong

16 hours ago, Kelsall said:

No Benghazi

President Trump on Tuesday night vowed that the situation "will not be a Benghazi" -- a pointed reference to the deadly 2012 embassy attack in Libya on the Obama administration's watch, after officials at the embassy had requested enhanced security for weeks.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-iraq-benghazi-iran-baghdad-new-years

You seem confused.   There was no Embassy in Benghazi.   There still isn't.    But if you are going to compare an outlying diplomatic mission to an Embassy, then it should be noted that the breach of the Iraqi Embassy was a breach of the most heavily fortified US Embassy in the world.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/01/trump-protests-embassy-iraq/604333/

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Credo said:

You seem confused.   There was no Embassy in Benghazi.   There still isn't.    But if you are going to compare an outlying diplomatic mission to an Embassy, then it should be noted that the breach of the Iraqi Embassy was a breach of the most heavily fortified US Embassy in the world.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/01/trump-protests-embassy-iraq/604333/

You are confused.  The lines I posted are cut and pasted from the news article directly as per forum rules. I suggest you write to the news outlet itself if you have concerns about the accuracy.

Edited by Kelsall

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you read something, presume it is correct so just cut and paste. Ever heard of checking information?

You know there is lots written on the internet, and only a small part is correct. And if you would have read the article you would have seen it mentions a consulate in Benghazi. " a pointed reference to the deadly 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya " Your text is incorrect.

Justice Roberts recently wrote of concerns of misinformation on the internet. 

Seems some didnt get the mrmo and just believe everything. Like believing trumps lies.

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you read something, presume it is correct so just cut and paste. Ever heard of checking information?

You know there is lots written on the internet, and only a small part is correct. And if you would have read the article you would have seen it mentions a consulate in Benghazi. " a pointed reference to the deadly 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya " Your text is incorrect.

I cut and pasted it directly.  It look like they edited it after I did.  You are making a mountain out of a molehill which is of course no surprise.

Edited by Kelsall

On 1/1/2020 at 10:01 AM, zydeco said:

Unfortunately, it's the US that pays the price. Over $1 trillion for the war in the first decade of this century. God knows how much has been shuffled in since 2010.

FREEDOM is NOT free.

• Like 1