Bangkok airport like a zoo and the passengers are animals! Worker gets in hot water

webfact

Bangkok airport like a zoo and the passengers are animals! Worker gets in hot water

3pm1.jpg

"The zoo has opened. There are animals of all kinds" Comparing passengers to animals.

A worker at Suvarnabhumi airport has apologised after she called the airport a zoo and compared passengers to animals.

She said of the New Year throngs at the packed airport: "The zoo has opened. There are animals of all kinds". 

The criticism comes several months after an Australian journalist got into hot water for calling the airport "hell". His popular column has since been terminated.

Netizens reacted to the female airport worker's Facebook post with fury. They didn't take kindly to being compared to animals by an employee at the airport, reported Sanook. 

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU5OS83OTk2NTkwL3N1di0wMS1jZW4uanBn.jpg
Picture: Sanook

She soon came up with a profuse and formal apology. 

But the airports' authority the AOT published a letter of their own saying that the employee had been cautioned and a committee had been set up. 

Earlier in the year Australian columnist and long term Thai resident and analyst Andrew Biggs was highly critical of queues at Suvarnabhumi airport in an online post, notes Thaivisa.

He was criticized for calling the airport "hell".

He later mentioned in his column that he was called in by immigration to visit the airport where he met officials. 

Mr Biggs announced this weekend that he was no longer writing his Sunday column in the Bangkok Post's Brunch magazine after an unbroken stint of 11 years. 

He did not mention the furor over his airport comments in a farewell to his readers.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-31
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

Thailands a Zoo. Its why the tourists come.

And hey i sorta agree with what this person says. 

Truth hurts the weak fragile ego and thats a univeraal issue.....

I think your neighbors are reporting you to the police for a reason, something in your personality is repulsive.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:
24 minutes ago, neeray said:

My observation of people in airports is that most suffer from a serious case of "self import".

Also known as "me, myself and I".

I've never seen Joan Armatrading at an airport.

But I have seen her live at concerts a couple of times. Brilliant. (And now I cannot get that dammed song out of my head. I will be humming it all day.)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tropicalevo said:

But I have seen her live at concerts a couple of times. Brilliant. (And now I cannot get that dammed song out of my head. I will be humming it all day.)

Better than having one of those cornball Christmas songs stuck in your head.

Holy Night

Here Comes Santa Claus

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'm not trying to defend Andrew Biggs here, but it was quite a few months ago he mentioned 'hell' and subsequently wrote in his column he'd been 'summoned' to Immigration headquarters, where he apologised and everyone seemed happy.

He did claim it was cost cutting - "Staff numbers and budgets have been slashed" - that caused the demise of his column this week, but who knows?

I would have thought that with all the ex pats upping sticks to Laos, Cambodia Vietnam and

the Philippines, there wouldn't be much need to have an English (or even an Australian)

language paper in Thailand anymore !!

Sarcasm........

• Haha 1

woman told the truth, and will now have to face a committee of enquiry, Pretty simple really, I think that her counselling session may well end up with her having to apply elsewhere for employment, or take the job of cleaning the restrooms.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

But the airports' authority the AOT published a letter of their own saying that the employee had been cautioned and a committee had been set up. 

Thank God they have set up a committee, I was getting worried for a minute, do they have tea & biscuits...........

• Like 2