Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's Music (2020)

CharlieH

I was 16 when this was doing the rounds, had left school and was looking forward ( actually I wasn’t, I wanted to be a layabout ) to going to college.

A real catchy number ( in my 16 year old mind ???? ) spoilt by some bad miming and the lacklustre enthusiasm of the girls in this video, but brings back some great memories, was certainly played to death on the jukebox in my first pub ( Theatre Tavern, Bradford ) .

• Like 2

Mississippi John Hurt performing Stack O'Lee Blues (Stagger Lee) live.  The description says this number lay in the vaults for 30 years before being released in '93 so, doin' a few sums on mah fingers fer 'bout 10 minutes, I comes up with ~'63.

• Like 1

Chicago Transit Authority's cover of I'm A Man off of their self-titled '69 debut.  CTA was the official name of the Chicago bus and elevated rail transport system.  They sued over the name and that's how their name got shortened to Chicago.  Never cared for them after their debut LP, which I thought excellent all around.

• Like 1

If you liked that then you should enjoy . . . 

The finale from the Fiddlers Three show. It featured three great fiddlers (violinists) with different styles. Jean Luc Ponty (fusion jazz), Itzhak Perlman (classical), and Doug Kershaw (cajun).

And if you didn't like it, skip to the next tune.