Pizzas R Us, You Call That Pizza?!

Jingthing

OK, I know there is no accounting for food taste, but as a public service I would like people to know that the pizzas served by the newish pizza takeout joint, Pizzas R Us, are THAI STYLE PIZZAS, which to my taste, means REALLY BAD PIZZA!

I got tricked by their pretty impressive public relations campaign which implies that they serve a choice of either Italian or American style pizzas. They don't! They also claim they are a successful chain from the UK? Is that really true? I can't imagine they would be serving Thai style pizzas in the UK. There is nothing about either Italian or American styles on their menu or on their phone line. This is at least correct, because they do serve THAI STYLE PIZZAS.

Thai style, as in tomato sauce that tastes like SWEET CATSUP, an insipid thin crust, very low grade cheese. On the side are included four "sauces". Their PR implies this might be some kind of Italian sauce experience. Wrong again.

The sauces included:

1. Catsup (if the "tomato sauce" on the pie wasn't enough catsup

2. Mayonaisse

3. Russian dressing (mix of catsup and mayo)

4. Sweet Thai chili sauce

The pizza did indeed need condiments. Like salt and pepper. Very bland. The only spice was SUGAR.

Disgusting and not cheap either, a typical pie large enough for one hungry person, 220 baht.

Avoid, avoid, avoid!

BTW: Can anyone suggest a pizza takeout place in town that is half decent? I think you can get pizza from Globetrotters takeout from Door2Door. Not crazy about their pizza either, but much better than Pizzas R Us.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I know there is no accounting for food taste, but as a public service I would like people to know that the pizzas served by the newish pizza takeout joint, Pizzas R Us, are THAI STYLE PIZZAS, which to my taste, means REALLY BAD PIZZA!

I got tricked by their pretty impressive public relations campaign which implies that they serve a choice of either Italian or American style pizzas. They don't! They also claim they are a successful chain from the UK? Is that really true? I can't imagine they would be serving Thai style pizzas in the UK. There is nothing about either Italian or American styles on their menu or on their phone line. This is at least correct, because they do serve THAI STYLE PIZZAS.

Thai style, as in tomato sauce that tastes like SWEET CATSUP, an insipid thin crust, very low grade cheese. On the side are included four "sauces". Their PR implies this might be some kind of Italian sauce experience. Wrong again.

The sauces included:

2. Mayonaisse

The pizza did indeed need condiments. Like salt and pepper. Very bland. The only spice was SUGAR.

Disgusting and not cheap either, a typical pie large enough for one hungry person, 220 baht.

Avoid, avoid, avoid!

BTW: Can anyone suggest a pizza takeout place in town that is half decent? I think you can get pizza from Globetrotters takeout from Door2Door. Not crazy about their pizza either, but much better than Pizzas R Us.

Pizza? In Thailand? :D

One wonders why the Thai Authorities have allowed them in , in the first place, same for KFC and McGobbledygook.

Whilst in Thailand last month, there was a full page, forget which Press, edited by a Uni Professor, pleading with the peeps who mattered, to stop the influx of 'Gobbledeygook Outlets' within Thailand, as they have nstudied and observed that the younger Thai peeps are are becoming ,how can I word it, (gotta watch sexism in the UK) :D Obese?

And it was only a few weeks ago Prince Charles hit the Headlines when in Dubai. Alledgedly, he noticed the same Oulets out there and , quite rightly announced to his Hosts, McDonalds? GET RID OF THEM!' You should have seen the reaction here. It was all over the headlines for a full week !

Obesity is now a big problem in the UK, pleeeeeese . oh pleeeeeeeeeeeese do away with European 'claptrap' foods, before it is too late :o

Before we have to rely on 'DONGLES' ;-)

If a new pizza company called Pizza Today comes, I'd wager that it the WORST you have EVER had. My wife bought what they call their New York Pizza. I told her that if they tried to sell that in New York someone would kill them for sure. Little slices of poor tasting hot dogs, a dab of cheese here and there, sweet catsup and lots of mayo. Absolutely disgusting. I can eat poor pizza but I couldn't eat that.

BTW: Can anyone suggest a pizza takeout place in town that is half decent?

Have you tried the pizza's from the shop next door to the Boxing Roo bar on 3rd road?

Their chicken supreme is pretty good.

BTW: Can anyone suggest a pizza takeout place in town that is half decent?

Have you tried the pizza's from the shop next door to the Boxing Roo bar on 3rd road?

Their chicken supreme is pretty good.

Agree with Jai Dee, scoobys i think they are called, IMO still the best pizzas are the place behind foodland (can never remember the name though) only thing is they don't start to deliver till 6pm.

BB

The sauces included:

2. Mayonaisse

Avoid, avoid, avoid!

The saloon bar down the strip used to do nice pizzas and had a delivery service. Thats going back a while though ( 14 years or so )

Does anybody know if they still make them?

No such thing as good pizza in Thailand. Only paper thin bases with a few scaps they call toppings, or the plastic tasting crap that the 2 major chains put out.

Let me guess ... An American ... or 'shudder OZ' :o

Guess you never been to Naples Billy Bob or Norm.

Naka.

Edited by naka

No such thing as good pizza in Thailand. Only paper thin bases with a few scaps they call toppings, or the plastic tasting crap that the 2 major chains put out.

Naka.

Agreed! the above does rather sound like a comment from someone who has never eaten a proper Pizza

Naka.

If you want to eat crap on the basis of its originality, up to you.

Personaly i would rather eat something with a bit more flavour, body and texture regardless of whether it resembles the original concept of a pizza or not.

Pizza 'r Us? Is that the joint on Soi Khao Talo?

Nothing to complain regarding the product they sell, but:

- I phoned them and they answered the phone: "Door2Door, good evening....uhh.....Pizza 'r Us, hello"

- I live just around the corner and could have taken away the pizza, just forgot my wallet and decided to let them bring it..........orders below THB 270 are charged with THB 40 delivery costs.

- taste ok!

- delivery time ok!

- only one size

- looked a bit like the 1150 pizza's

Pizza 'r Us? Is that the joint on Soi Khao Talo?

Nothing to complain regarding the product they sell, but:

- I phoned them and they answered the phone: "Door2Door, good evening....uhh.....Pizza 'r Us, hello"

- I live just around the corner and could have taken away the pizza, just forgot my wallet and decided to let them bring it..........orders below THB 270 are charged with THB 40 delivery costs.

- taste ok!

- delivery time ok!

- only one size

- looked a bit like the 1150 pizza's

hotdogs dont belong on pizza ever

The sauces included:

2. Mayonaisse

Avoid, avoid, avoid!

I've never really had a good pizza in Thailand although I never really expected to. My friends really enjoy the pizzas ant hte service from this place. They like them better than Pan Pan but maybe that isn't a good measuring stick.

I think you're confusing Pisa with Pizza.

THe "original" Neaploitan creation celebrated the colors of the then new nation's flag Mozzarella, cheese and basil i.e. red/white/green. Dating back centuries efore that Pizza is essentially a flat bread which is produced in various form all around the Med. Toppings are additions and alien to the original concept especially in the huge quantities applied by the industrial processed food purveyers of USA and elsewhere.

Some Italian Restaurants do reasonable Pizza, but otherwise I absolutely agree.

Funny though, I almost always get good Spaghetti here.....

By the way, pizzas were invented in America, not Italy

I'll wait for the replys

Rubbish! 'Money making Pizza' was invented in America together with Fried Chicken, Hamburgers etc....

The Hamburger is, as the name already suggests, a German invention. A fried meat patty in a bun is a century old snack from Hamburg and brought to America by German immigrants.

Nothing new that Americans have the tendency to re-invent popular food from elsewhere and market it as something completely new...with the downside that it is impossible getting a decent coffe in any Starbucks outlet. :o