Savage Dollar/Baht rate continues north....

On 1/7/2020 at 5:55 PM, Laza 45 said:

..if they don't charge you a fee they must be taking a cut off the top rate.. I'm sure they don't do it out of the goodness of their heart.. I'll check it out.. thanks..

Why must they ? there's plenty of scope for banks / fx companies to give good rates with no charges.

Edited by singasong

28 minutes ago, singasong said:

Why must they ? there's plenty of scope for banks / fx companies to give good rates with no charges.

Please direct me to the "Free Lunch Queue"  The word of the day is "Spread" ... do some research.

1 hour ago, bangkokequity said:

Please direct me to the "Free Lunch Queue"  The word of the day is "Spread" ... do some research.

For small amounts Transferwise is hard to beat as use full interbank rates. I've done comparisons with the lot up to a maximum of £10,000 and the bottom line that lands in your account is 100% Transferwise every time

Note I've NOT done higher quotes. Should be noted TW dont have a fixed sending fee but rather a rising scale so there may be a point where your own bank with its fixed fee but landing at Thai Telegraphic Transfer rates "may" give a better bottom line

3 hours ago, singasong said:

more to the point.. this is a company doing money transfers.. if they don't charge fees I don't see a lot of other options to make a profit.. I don't think it is a charity..

On 1/9/2020 at 4:06 PM, Chivas said:

For small amounts Transferwise is hard to beat as use full interbank rates. I've done comparisons with the lot up to a maximum of £10,000 and the bottom line that lands in your account is 100% Transferwise every time

Note I've NOT done higher quotes. Should be noted TW dont have a fixed sending fee but rather a rising scale so there may be a point where your own bank with its fixed fee but landing at Thai Telegraphic Transfer rates "may" give a better bottom line

Do you have a link for where  you get Interbank rates from ?

On 1/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, bangkokequity said:

Yes exactly and if Transferwise are getting Customers on both sides as they use to claim then thats how they would make money.

18 minutes ago, singasong said:

Yes exactly and if Transferwise are getting Customers on both sides as they use to claim then thats how they would make money.

Customers money sitting in their bank account must be worth a bit.

I keep 1-2 thousand pounds in my TFW account, sometimes more.

Presumably the fee they charge me every time I move money also makes them money.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1