Thai man slashes ex wife's neck on her birthday then jumps 18 floors to his death

webfact

Thai man slashes ex wife's neck on her birthday then jumps 18 floors to his death

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Police were called to a condominium in the Thonburi area west of Bangkok on New Year's Eve after a former soldier went berserk. 

Thana, 56, had been drinking with his ex wife Ratana, 42, a pub worker. 

Police said he had tried to reconcile with her on the occasion of her birthday on December 31st. When his attempts failed he slashed her neck with a knife and killed her. 

The lady's mother, Yee, 70, tried to intervene and was injured in both wrists. 

Thana then jumped 18 floors and was severely injured. He subsequently died. 

In all happened in Soi Therdthai 33.

Pol Col Manop Sukhonthanaphat of the region 8 met police said the couple had been drinking since the 30th. 

There was some good news - Ratana's ten year old son escaped injury though Sanook suggested that he was witness to the terrible events. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-02
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

it's a wonder he could even walk if this is the case ...  unless his drinking was very slow.

IDK, but let's assume they started drinking 8 or 9 PM, then went to her place 5 hours later to 'celebrate' her birthday. That's not a long time for drinking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

There was some good news - Ratana's ten year old son escaped injury though Sanook suggested that he was witness to the terrible events. 

I  wouldnt  call that good  news.

Dont  know whats the matter with people, just walk away, even if you lose everything.

I have an old friend from Vancouver where exactly the same thing happened. The guy game home early and found his wife in bed with his "best friend", he got his shotgun and sent them both to oblivion, did 14 years inside.

The moral of this story is that there's only one person in the world that you can ever trust 100%, yourself.

3 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

He killed his wife and then himself.better he did that then rest of his life in the Bangkok Hilton.why he did we will never know now

But it says that it was because of his failure to reconcile with his former wife ! Sad but that would appear to be enough of a motive ????

16 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't get it. If I split with the wife for good at lunch time, I'd be down the bar by evening looking for a new Mrs. or at least a change from the norm 30 years younger ????

In Thailand yes.

In a western country???

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said he had tried to reconcile with her on the occasion of her birthday on December 31st. When his attempts failed he slashed her neck with a knife and killed her. 

Yet another example of fragile male ego syndrome. 

16 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I have an old friend from Vancouver where exactly the same thing happened. The guy game home early and found his wife in bed with his "best friend", he got his shotgun and sent them both to oblivion, did 14 years inside.

The moral of this story is that there's only one person in the world that you can ever trust 100%, yourself.

In your story, who was it that could trust him/her self?  The cheating wife, his back stabbing best friend, or the guy who did something that got himself locked up for 14 years?

20 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Imagine killing your own dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, impulse said:

In your story, who was it that could trust him/her self?  The cheating wife, his back stabbing best friend, or the guy who did something that got himself locked up for 14 years?

A "crime of passion". The perp was probably in a rage? Sometimes I've heard people say when they're on trial for a crime that it was a "moment of madness", the "red-mist" had descended.

The point being, this was his wife and who he thought was his best friend, both of whom he couldn't trust.

Haven't we all had the dirty done us by people who we thought were "friends"? And if you think you haven't, it's probably just because you weren't aware of it.