Best place to get bin bags and how much?

scubascuba3

49 minutes ago, userabcd said:

So basically most everyone still needs plastic bags to carry around groceries and dispose of garbage, only now one has to pay for the privilege.

Exactly. The strange thing is that there are biodegradable plastic bags on the market. Those are made of corn starch and you can buy them at for example Tesco Lotus. They are not very expensive. If those bags were available at 7/11 or Tesco I would easily pay 2-3 baht extra. But do you think the Thai government have even heard about biodegradable plastic bags? My guess is a big NO.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes not only that, today at Big C Extra, as people have their own bags staff are leaving the packing to customers

We've been taking our own bags to Big C for months and they always pack them for us.

3 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Actually I think they are, there's a 'recycling' symbol shown on the package.

Does the recycling symbol means biodegradable by default? It says biodegradable on the packages I've seen. PET-bottles and Coke cans are recyclable. 

Jeez where would you buy the bags at 'home'? Probably at the SAME sort of shop that sells them here, ie a SUPERMARKET or convenience store. Sometimes i wonder if people stop having the ability to apply common sense on arriving here. 

13 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Jeez where would you buy the bags at 'home'? Probably at the SAME sort of shop that sells them here, ie a SUPERMARKET or convenience store. Sometimes i wonder if people stop having the ability to apply common sense on arriving here. 

You won't find garbage bags or plastic shopping bags in convenience stores in Thailand. Maybe some Tesco Lotus Express offers some. You need to go to bigger stores like Tesco Lotus,Macro or Home Pro (and equivalent). There are so many trash bins in different sizes. There's no one size fits all. 

14 hours ago, Psimbo said:

What a thicky you are. Obviously you can find in supermarkets but the range could be poor and the price too high, it totally depends on the shop. Also people have highlighted the better shops to look in. Get out more and talk to real people

• Haha 1