INTERNAT FAX/KORAT

1Gringo

I've run out of places to send a fax in Korat.

yes, I agree it's an outdated technology, but I still have one contact who seems to prefer faxes.

anybody know of a place in Korat city which will send one?

thanks in advance.

I too ran out of FAX sending places in BKK a few years ago. 

Every year I used to send a FAX transfer request to my bank in Belgium and then no more FAX places for me to use !

I went on the Internet and found this guy

https://www.gotfreefax.com/

I've used it a few times now.

My FAX go through. No problems.

Easy to use.

You pay by Paypal. 

I cannot request transfers from that bank by secure mobile app like I do from my bank in SIN because I cannot unlock it without going in person to Belgium. If they close their FAX number I'll have to do the requests by mail !!

• Like 1

I've used a couple of hotels in the past, but my more recent attempts found they discontinued their service or claimed their fax was broken.

I like the idea of faxing it from my own computer..............if I had a scanner/printer which I don't and so seldom need, it's not worth the cost.  the service I use to print PDF files can't seem to figure out how to scan my document back onto my thumb drive else I could email the form, too.

I'll have to look into CAT.  thanks for that suggestion.  I also spotted a fax sign in a travel agency.  I didn't have the time to stop and ask, but that's another possibility I have to check out.

I suspect gotfreefax also requires scanned PDF files, which I'm unable to supply.

thanks, everyone for your suggestions!

If you have a mobile phone you can take pictures of your documents and convert them to PDF. That might be an idea then you don't need to have a scanner.

There are also scan apps for mobile phones.

Just setup a dropbox on mobile phone and computer and you can easily transfer files. Or just email them to yourself. 

22 minutes ago, 1Gringo said:

I've used a couple of hotels in the past, but my more recent attempts found they discontinued their service or claimed their fax was broken.

I like the idea of faxing it from my own computer..............if I had a scanner/printer which I don't and so seldom need, it's not worth the cost.  the service I use to print PDF files can't seem to figure out how to scan my document back onto my thumb drive else I could email the form, too.

I'll have to look into CAT.  thanks for that suggestion.  I also spotted a fax sign in a travel agency.  I didn't have the time to stop and ask, but that's another possibility I have to check out.

I suspect gotfreefax also requires scanned PDF files, which I'm unable to supply.

Faxzero.com accepts files in .doc/.docx/.pdf formats and have used them for years for occasional fax to USA.  Free up to 3 pages or $1.99 up to 25 pages

5 hours ago, 1Gringo said:

Six months ago I ran all over Korat and finally tried CAT with no luck. However, they directed me to a small travel agency close by and they handled it no problem. But many solutions available online.

• Like 1