tight schedule for visa extension ?, need advice

Hi everyone and happy new year.

Heres my situation, ive recently changed my visa from non-o to non-b

been to singapore to submit the papers, got the 90 days visa when entered back to thailand, stamp expires on March 12th

im supposed to fly to USA on Feb 18th until March 18th, not really flexible on dates.

to my understanding im to get a 30 days extension that i can apply for 30 days before the stamp expires which is Feb 12th and onwards

my accountant keep saying its enough time and wont be an issue but id like to be safe 

will this be enough time ? they say they do it all for me , they apply on feb 12th and supposedly get the passport 2-3 days after with the 30 days extension(until April 12th) along with a re-entry permit that will apply for on the same day.

any problems can occur with this timing ? 

il add that i also moved to bangkok from phuket and didnt update the address in immigration yet, i suggested to my accountant to do it before that as maybe they will require it , he says dont need and can do that later...

will like your opinions on this matter

Do you have a work permit? If so, it ought to be possible to extend your permission to stay up to the expiry date of your work permit.

There is no 30-day extension of a Non B visa. If you have a Thai spouse, you can get the 60-day extension to visit her (subject to not having done so since your last entry into Thailand using a visa).

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Do you have a work permit? If so, it ought to be possible to extend your permission to stay up to the expiry date of your work permit.

There is no 30-day extension of a Non B visa. If you have a Thai spouse, you can get the 60-day extension to visit her (subject to not having done so since your last entry into Thailand using a visa).

yes i have a work permit ,2nd year now.

are you sure about that ? i was told they extend 30 days and afterwards they extend to the rest of the time to complete the 1 year.

My non-o was the same thing as well, consideration period was the term if i remember correctly

I had a similar problem when I didn't realise my Thai bank required 7 working days to provide a yearly statement. I went to my IO and was told to report on the last day of my extension and would have to pay a daily overstay fine until the statement arrived.

Fortunately the statement arrived in time.

3 minutes ago, SussexExpat said:

I had a similar problem when I didn't realise my Thai bank required 7 working days to provide a yearly statement. I went to my IO and was told to report on the last day of my extension and would have to pay a daily overstay fine until the statement arrived.

Fortunately the statement arrived in time.

i require a statement ?

1 minute ago, dante123 said:

i was told they extend 30 days and afterwards they extend to the rest of the time to complete the 1 year.

That is not an extension. It is a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it that would be 30 days from the date you apply for the one year extension.

I cannot see you being able to make your trip without losing your current 90 day entry unless immigration starts the report back date from March 12th.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not an extension. It is a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it that would be 30 days from the date you apply for the one year extension.

I cannot see you being able to make your trip without losing your current 90 day entry unless immigration starts the report back date from March 12th.

showed this to my accountant, he insists they will count from the last stamp date :///

this stressing the hell out of me ????

24 minutes ago, dante123 said:

showed this to my accountant, he insists they will count from the last stamp date :///

this stressing the hell out of me ????

If they do it that way you could get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period that would be valid until April 11 th.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If they do it that way you could get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period that would be valid until April 11 th.

yes thats was my original plan, just hoping it goes smoothly, nothing ever is in this country ????