Retirement Visa Denied CW

I had opened an account with my name and wifes name to make my monthly transfers. I did not know this was a big no no. Was told to get single name only. I got it but now it only shows 1 month of transfers the want 12 months. I been here from America for 14 years now I am told to go out and exit come back 30 tourist Visa? Now what to do make some kind of border run i have till the 8th Some Advice Please

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Living in Thailand for 14 years and only got one monthly transfer?

Let me guess, you have been declaring affidavit to your embassy.....

Exit Thailand and get a O visa for 3 months, then extend one year by marriage reason.

However, make sure you have 400k on your name only and not a joint account with your wife. 

Another option is to get a 60 days 'visit wife' visa but you have to do that over and over again.

I had been using embassy letter. But i had transfers in the 2 name account form March last year. When i went in November that is when I was given the 60 visit wife but told to get single name account. Any suggestions on were to go which border crossings.

26 minutes ago, OJAS said:

In these circumstances, the first thing you should do IMHO would be to hot-leg it to CW on Monday with an application for a 60-day extension to visit your wife in accordance with para 2.24 of Police Order 327/2557. She will need to accompany you, and you will need to provide originals and copies of your KR2 & KR3 wedding certificates (assuming you got married in Thailand) plus her blue tabien bahn and ID card.

Sounds like good advice thanks if i have to do this 6 times is that possible.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 2:01 PM, ubonjoe said:

The Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar is the nearest and best crossing if in Bangkok.

I am going to go Monday and try my luck. I will take a van from MoChit to Kanchanaburi.  Then transfer to another van for the Border Crossing? I just want to go across and return Visa Exempt is that possible? Do you need Visa for Myanamar to cross? Thank you in Advance. This is really upsetting for Me sorry to bother you.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 2:01 PM, OJAS said:

In these circumstances, the first thing you should do IMHO would be to hot-leg it to CW on Monday with an application for a 60-day extension to visit your wife in accordance with para 2.24 of Police Order 327/2557. She will need to accompany you, and you will need to provide originals and copies of your KR2 & KR3 wedding certificates (assuming you got married in Thailand) plus her blue tabien bahn and ID card.

Op has already done that, " When i went in November that is when I was given the 60 visit wife but told to get single name account. ". Easiest now is exit and apply for non-O. After those 90 days apply for one year marriage extension.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

I think you need a visa to enter Myanmar, no?

Only a border pass is needed if you are only are going to be within the area near the crossing.

A visa is only needed if you will traveling further into Myanmar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, EricTh said:

Let me guess, you have been declaring affidavit to your embassy.....

According to OP post..... I had opened an account with my name and wifes name to make my monthly transfers. I did not know this was a big no no

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 2:39 PM, Peter Denis said:

No, it's only possible to apply once for a 60-day extension to visit your wife.

But it will buy you time to get organized.

You will have to exit Thailand, and apply again for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa (either for retirement or for marriage).  That can be done in a neighboring country, or at your local IO (after having returned Visa Exempt).  In the last month of the 90-day period you can then apply for a 1-year extension of stay based on that Visa.

Note: I have PM-ed you a comprehensive roadmap outlining all details/options to do that.

=====

Add-on - Just read Presnock's post > and that's of course the preferred option if your bank is willing to help you on this one.

Are  Non Imm O visas now limited to 90 days.  I think that they used to be for 1 year with compulsory 90 day visa runs. Will someone please clarify this.

12 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Are  Non Imm O visas now limited to 90 days.  I think that they used to be for 1 year with compulsory 90 day visa runs. Will someone please clarify this.

The 1 year Non O is a ME (Multiple entry) visa.  The single entry is only good for 90 days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

A single-entry Non Imm O Visa is limited to 90 days, but you can in the last month of its validity apply for a 1-year extension of stay of that Visa.

You can apply for such a single-entry Non Imm O Visa in your home-country (if the thai embassy/consulate of your home-country still issues them - some don't do it anymore for reason of retirement).  You can also apply for one in a neighboring country (e.g. Savannakhet, Laos or in Malaysia). 

And probably easiest option is to apply for one at the local IO of the place where you plan to stay long-term.

Please note that when applying at your local IO you will need to prove the origin of the required financials as coming from abroad, which is not required when applying in a neighboring country.

A multi-entry Non Imm O Visa is valid for 1 year, but you are only allow periods of 90 days in Thailand after which you can exit/re-enter (can be done same day) to get another 90 days permission to stay.  When timed right you can stay 15 months in Thailand on such a Visa.  However, I don't think there are any thai embassies/consulates left that will issue such a Multi-Entry Non Imm O Visa for +50 years of age.  And you cannot apply for such a Multi-Entry Non Imm O Visa at your local IO.

The thai consulates in Savannakhet and HCMC still issue them when married to a thai national.  They are quite popular as they do not require to prove any financials.  

Edited by Peter Denis

If your looking to just go in and out, simply fly out and come right back. Go to Laos. Giving you time to sort out your situation with at least a month possibly longer.

However, given his history would this be an issue as when he comes back they may give him the ol' 'What are you doing in Thailand, sir.?' If so, then I can see how that border run to Myanmar is best then.

Edited by Solinvictus