Is SWIFT the only option to send my money back to USA?

4 hours ago, DeeMoney said:

The process involves phoning our customer support as soon as you have sent the money and informing them that you require a special comment in your transaction. If Fidelity accepts such a comment, then it means DeeMoney is able to do Fidelity transactions. 

I think that might work.  Even with the SWIFT transfer that SCB sent, the final link of the transfer (i.e. my account name and my account number at Fidelity) is entered in a comments field.

BTW, the SWIFT transfer posted in my Fidelity within five hours of my signing the papers in the SCB office.  I had no idea a SWIFT transfer could be so fast!

13 hours ago, wpcoe said:

I think that might work.  Even with the SWIFT transfer that SCB sent, the final link of the transfer (i.e. my account name and my account number at Fidelity) is entered in a comments field.

BTW, the SWIFT transfer posted in my Fidelity within five hours of my signing the papers in the SCB office.  I had no idea a SWIFT transfer could be so fast!

Save that form from SCB.

My first transfer was an ordeal, 4 hours in the bank and multiple phone calls to bangkok, deposit took about 24 hours.

Second transfer, I took my previous form and the girl at the bank smiled and just copied the information onto a new form. Half an hour in the bank and deposited 4 hours later.

Hmmm.  Is it an SCB thing?  I remember making a SWIFT transfer from Bangkok Bank several years ago and it was like a routine procedure with no muss or fuss.

A legit alternative to swift is cryptocurrency.

You can trade thb for crypto on www.bitkub.com which is a regulated exchange in Thailand.

They even have a trading pair for USDT.

Its not free but would very likely end up much much cheaper than the banks that will destroy you with the currency conversion rate.

Archived