Thai tourism problems: 2020 visitors will be up but analysts find new scapegoat - the Euros football tournament!

rooster59

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Traubert said:

Vietnam is on 8.6m as of the end of 2019.

3.3m of which were Chinese. If they get 20m in 2020 I'll plait sawdust,

Plus it's a scruffy dump and if you think Thai's dislike westerners, get ready for the Vietnamese.

Your number are wrong.

Your opinion is irrelevant to the conversation.

You gave no insights to the answer.

Pretty much an F grade. Please try harder.

Thought that Kasikorn was a bank but - whack - wrong again. 

All those searches for scapegoats will be proven wrong; I assume that reasons for NOT visiting Thailand will be visible much earlier than the Euro football tournament; lets wait and see!  

On 1/4/2020 at 4:16 PM, 473geo said:

My friend in the UK has just booked an all inclusive 13 day holiday in Tenerife 4 - 5 hour flight

total cost a little more than the the cost of the flight to Thailand. Europeans do have alternatives

Thailand needs to be very attractive price wise for some, in order to encourage them to endure the 12 hour flight, currently it is not, alternatives closer to home are clearly being sought and found

True im Getting 2 Weeks All inclusive in a 4 star spanish hotel for the same price as a flight to thailand in june my days of going there spending lots of money are gone its finished there certainly not value for money now .

3 hours ago, aspenbkk said:

True im Getting 2 Weeks All inclusive in a 4 star spanish hotel for the same price as a flight to thailand in june my days of going there spending lots of money are gone its finished there certainly not value for money now .

They killed off the street food, the nightlife and the pavement shopping for counterfeits. What does Thailand have now that isn't available elsewhere?

People came here because it had a uniqueness. It has now lost that.

Plus you have the negativity from visa clampdown - many many people came here for the free and easy stay as long as you want visa situation that formerly prevailed, also the negative message being sent: "We want you for 2 weeks* but we don't want you staying beyond that" gets received as "we don't want you".

*because we can't swing it that you stay at home and just send the money.

On 1/4/2020 at 7:07 PM, unamazedloso said:

so many excuses none of which are relevant!

football/soccer means nothing to me or anyone i know. Something about guys running around chasing a ball and slapping ass is a little too thai for me.

Thais have ripped off farang for too long so much so that the shoes on the other foot for i guess the 10% of people that actually have money in thailand and travel abroad to spend their money.

People are travelling more than ever from what i read and see but thailands just not good enough. Deal with it!! Stop convincing yourselves it aint your fault!

I don't know how much difference the Euros will make but football is very popular. I believe the World Cup is watched by more Peuple than the Olympics. That's pretty impressive. 

My guess is that the Euros are part of the problem but so is the global economic situation and a few other things. It's more a case of several issues that on their own wouldn't matter too much but together they have a larger effect.

Archived