Apartments/condo's Nonthaburi

Catpian Slackbladder

I'm living in Pakkret and I gotta say that the commute to the skytrain is not exactly pleasant. Sometimes can take upto 2 hours (if you go at the absolute worst time possible).

It is definitely a quieter alternative to many of the places downtown, but I'm actually finding it too quiet and can't wait to get to my new home near On Nut.

BFD!

Well, if you live near either Mo Chit or On Nut, nothing is really that 'far out', since you can ust hop on the Skytrain and get into the centre.

But, to answer your real question, there actually are things that are interesting despite being East of Soi 33 or North of Victory Monument. This is a big town, and not even the mighty BTS can get you everywhere.

For myself, I currently teach at an international school in Pakkret, and am switching jobs to another one in Bangna, so On Nut is a perfect fit for me.

OP, I don't really have any tips myself. I've just been searching on mrroomfinder.com and click4apartment.com, so I can't really give you any 'inside scoops'. If I hear of _two_ apartments, I'll let you know about one, okay? :o

BFD!

Edited by BFD

I worked in an office in Bond Street in Muang Thong Thani, Nonthaburi a couple of years ago.

The area was a ghost town for many years but was starting to be re-developed with several of the Condo Buildings being renovated.

Rent for a 2 Bedroom apartment seemed very reasonable at the time, not sure of prices now but closure of Old Airport (Well sort of :o ) may have had some affect.

Was thinking of moving in there as driving every day from Bangplad to the office and back was a ball breaker, probably would be there now if I did not spit the dummy out at work!

Here is a link that may help.

www.mttbkk.com/lakeside-condo.htm

I have lived in Nonthaiburi and BangNa. Nonthaburi is great if you drive on non-out-of-work times, otehrwise the traffic is not pleasant. This area is excellent, specially near the freeways, only if you work over there.

Bang Na on the other hand is getting interesting as the BTS will get to Sukumvit 107 and now is near the airport (need to cope with the traffic delays at the moment. Lost of construction at the moment but of see remember the highway 2 years ago and now there are improvements. Driving at night I can get in 10 minutes from BangNa to Rama IV exit and vice-versa. Never liked this area becuase it is a very hectic and noisy but once you get use to, it is great. Also it has lots of shopping near by (on Nut, SeaconSquare, Bangna). Very convenient.

Becuase of the BTS prices are going up but yet is cheap. Good luck.

I think one really needs to decide what area they need to live in and then search from there. Bangkok is huge to consider the whole city. Usually people like to live out in BangNa and Nonthaburi because they like living in a house, or otherwise they live in an apartment there to be near work.