grand palace closed scam on tv now

fruitman

On January 5, 2020 at 3:53 PM, fruitman said:

Great that it's on tv now (after 25 years doing it)....let's see if the Thai finally can do something about it.

I don't see how Thais can cure the gullibility of tourists. Normally critical thinking is developed (or not) while school age.  Clearly the number of people who voted for Brexit or who watch  Fox News demonstrate the failure of that.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Got to love posts like these... Some random tool comes along with a 'never happened to me’ comment, so assured in their own safety, they can never be pickpocketed, never be scammed, never be ripped off...  

It is 'Keyboard bravado’ which highlights the stupidity of some who are completely oblivious that ‘it could’ happen to them and they are in line for a fall...  usually when a BG rips them off !

Dealer, scammer, robber, pimp, I did it all in a previous life, so you want me to explain you more what it never happened to me and will never happen?

No, I am not a big mouth keyboard warrior as most of the people here, truth me, your life is not better if you don't know me.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, fruitman said:

No they get free petrol when they bring in customers at the tailor shop or jewelry...

I got scammed on my first trip to Thailand in 1996 - though I learnt from it  In 2005 I was staying in Bangkok for a period of 3 months so I had plenty of time to go to where I wanted to go. Being a Cheap Charlie,  I came to an arrangement with one of the "unmetered" taxi drivers - he would take me where I wanted to go for free but only after we visited a number of gem stores / tailors  etc (number depended on the length of journey to where I wanted to go) - he got his petrol coupons and I got a free ride (albeit 2 to 3 hours in time!).

• Haha 1

If they wanted to stop the scam it's actually quite easy - just have pre-recorded announcements in multiple languages announcing the Grand Palace is open and not to listen to the touts. The Japanese do that in the "red-light" area of Shinjuku warning not to go with touts and how you will scammed by the host clubs. 

But alas, there are too many important people being paid off by these scum so it's not going to happen. 

• Like 1